My latest accomplishment

Besides, you don't want your niece's future husband to have a bad driving record now do you? I'd hate for you to have to chaperone them on dates just because he can't drive.

Well, now, if I get to drive his jeep, then......:lol:

No, I'm not hating on him for it...in fact, I wasn't sure about his state's procedures as far as diversion programs. I got my first ticket in 20 years a couple of years ago, and I took the diversion. Cost $50 on top of the ticket fine, but it kept it off my record. I wasn't paying attention, and was speeding, and I admitted that, rather than fight it or ***** about it because I got nailed in a "speed trap" by a cop that was "fishing". In other words, if you break the freakin' law, don't blame the cops for enforcing it! Hence my statement, "suck it up and pay the fine".

That wasn't Rammstein, that was Judas Priest thank you very much! Rammstein covered it.

Beavis and Butthead are singing Judas Priest as well.

Sorry, I get mixed up amongst all the leather... Rob Halford... bwahaha

And thanks for all the good ideas guys, I'm gonna call and see if I can talk to a prosecutor or something, see if I can get it diverted. It would be the only ticket on my record, and I'm willing to take a driving school. My parent's still pay for my insurance, so anything to keep that as low as possible is on the bill.

And Sparky, my Jeep doesn't go over 45, makes lots of funny vibes and noises and generally tends to have oil dripping off the firewall. Don't know that you want to drive it... But if you hook me up with your niece I'd be more than obliged to lend it to you for a couple weeks to go wheelin. :D

Last edited:
I'd pay for my kids' insurance so long as they were full time students and maintaining a solid GPA and a clean driving record.

Why? I'm 34 and wish my parents were still paying the bill. Heck, I'll give em the mortgage too if they want it.

Radar Detector = good. Not 100% effective but does a good job. I don't suggest anyone get a radar detector so you can speed, I use mine just as much to prevent that feeling you get when all the sudden The Man comes out of nowhere. You know the feeling when your heart jumps out of your chest. I hate surprises.

I'd pay for my kids' insurance so long as they were full time students and maintaining a solid GPA and a clean driving record.

Well, I was raised different, guess that's where my opinion comes from. If I got a car (or Jeep), I was payin' for EVERYTHING..........I was told that was called responsibility. Nothing else mattered, if that's what I wanted, that was the price. However, I know that time's have changed. Sorry for any offense taken.

Well, I was raised different, guess that's where my opinion comes from. If I got a car (or Jeep), I was payin' for EVERYTHING..........I was told that was called responsibility. Nothing else mattered, if that's what I wanted, that was the price. However, I know that time's have changed. Sorry for any offense taken.

No offense taken here. My parents made a deal with me. I pay for the car, they pay for insurance. Kinda takes the edge off. Anything else, is on me. Well actually gas is a business write off... Heh. Anyway, that anything else does include insurance spikes. I am a full time student, and I do my best to bring home good grades, it's a deal we have. Part of the reasoning for all this is that they wanted me to have a better car for traveling like I do to and from school and daily to school (better than a 88 F250 that got 10mpg) so they talked me into buying a brand new car. Like I said, to help take the edge off, they continued paying car insurance for me.

.........My parents made a deal with me. I pay for the car, they pay for insurance..........

Well, that's different....a deal's a deal!!! Wish I coulda had one of those!! I made a similar deal with my son (I'll buy the car - you pay the insurance) but he reneged.....:evil: .......and one of my regrets as a parent is that I kept paying his insurance.

Keep up the grades, that'll never hurt! And thank God for your parents!!

Last edited:

Never go to a court and say "I'm guilty". It is the court's position to decide that based upon the prosecutor's case against you. You can humbly accept responsibility for a mistake without admitting guilt to the violation of a bylaw. It is the prosecutor's job to prove that you are guilty of some violation. He/she is not a material witness against your case, but only acting as the third party plaintiff in the case, so it is possible to influence his/her actions against you. He/she is the one you want to talk to about working a deal at first. After and if you work a deal with the prosecutor, you have the prosecutor communicate that to the judge. THEN you talk to the judge and deliver your humble explaination in hopes that he/she will decide to be easy on you. The main ingredient to the whole thing is responsibility. If you can show that you are being a responsible person, and taking steps to correct your mistake, you will have a lot better luck than if not. In terms of law, being responsible for a crime is not the same as being guilty of a crime.

I think you've decided to go about it the best way from the information everyone else has provided.

Just called the court house, talked to the secretary. She told me that I should go in, plead my case, state that I have a clean record, am willing to take driver improvement through the court, and also to state that the speed limit had just changed since I had gotten back to school, and more than likely the judge will give me driver improvement and 6 months probation. She said he is very fair and very nice. So that's what I'll be doing.

Just called the court house, talked to the secretary. She told me that I should go in, plead my case, state that I have a clean record, am willing to take driver improvement through the court, and also to state that the speed limit had just changed since I had gotten back to school, and more than likely the judge will give me driver improvement and 6 months probation. She said he is very fair and very nice. So that's what I'll be doing.
Good deal!

Now, that was a great phone call and a very helpful secretary....she should be applauded!! Sounds like you're on the right track. Best of Luck!!!!!

So it gets better guys.

My ex girlfriend was in Radford, about 20 minutes from me. She was up here visiting some friends, and was supposed to have a ride back over to Blacksburg. Well her ride bailed on her. She called me, asked if I would come get her. I said no problem, I'm going out anyway tonight, what's an extra 45 minutes out of my time? No big deal. So I'm going down Prices Fork Road, and I'm being extremely cautious with my speed. I see the 35 mph sign, set my cruise to 38ish. I see the 45 mph sign, set my cruise at about 50 (only because every time I go through one of those radar things that tell you your speed, my gauge always reads more than what I'm doing) so in reality, I thought I was doing 48ish. So I keep driving along, and all of a sudden a Sheriff flicks on his lights and pulls out from running radar. I could not believe it. Somehow I missed the reduced speed and 35mph sign as I was calling my ex to get directions. So I got a ticket for doing 51 in a 35.

Anyone got any advice now? I was honest to god trying to be as cautious as could be and explained it to the Sheriff, but he didn't give a damn. My biggest worry is that I go to court for the first one, get off with probation, and go to the second one and then get both tickets. But I wonder if because I wasn't on probation at the time I got the second ticket if that will happen? Also, should I just go ahead and tell the first judge about the second ticket? Or tell the second judge that I've taken a driving class and I'm on probation. I just don't know what to do guys.

So it gets better guys.

My ex girlfriend was in Radford, about 20 minutes from me. She was up here visiting some friends, and was supposed to have a ride back over to Blacksburg. Well her ride bailed on her. She called me, asked if I would come get her. I said no problem, I'm going out anyway tonight, what's an extra 45 minutes out of my time? No big deal. So I'm going down Prices Fork Road, and I'm being extremely cautious with my speed. I see the 35 mph sign, set my cruise to 38ish. I see the 45 mph sign, set my cruise at about 50 (only because every time I go through one of those radar things that tell you your speed, my gauge always reads more than what I'm doing) so in reality, I thought I was doing 48ish. So I keep driving along, and all of a sudden a Sheriff flicks on his lights and pulls out from running radar. I could not believe it. Somehow I missed the reduced speed and 35mph sign as I was calling my ex to get directions. So I got a ticket for doing 51 in a 35.

Anyone got any advice now? I was honest to god trying to be as cautious as could be and explained it to the Sheriff, but he didn't give a damn. My biggest worry is that I go to court for the first one, get off with probation, and go to the second one and then get both tickets. But I wonder if because I wasn't on probation at the time I got the second ticket if that will happen? Also, should I just go ahead and tell the first judge about the second ticket? Or tell the second judge that I've taken a driving class and I'm on probation. I just don't know what to do guys.
OH MY GOD!! Sorry dude. I say you continue with the first one as planned. I don't see you getting out of that 2nd ticket however.

Yea, I was kind of in shock after it happened. I went and partied it away, but now I actually have to face it. I think I'm going to go ahead as planned with the first one, and then I'm just going to face the judge on the second one, tell him the god's honest truth, and go from there.

The truth shall set you free...hopefully. This does give good argument for not using cell phones when your driving.

Okay, now you go to the postponement method. Postpone them both 3 times. hopefully one or both of them will get thrown out because the officer does not appear.

Back