Installing mirror relocation brackets on a 95 yj

Snareik

I bought the mirror relocation brackets from rugged ridge and in order to install them, I need to remove the two front screws on the bottom half of the windshield hinges. The problem is that there are nuts on the other side of the bolts that will just spin until I can get access to it and get a wrench or something in there. I'm thinking I'm going to have to remove the dash to get in there... any thoughts?
Also, in order to remove the dash, I believe I have to drop the windshield down, and the hinge on the drivers side is rusted tight so I can't do that yet, but I'm working on it with some pb blaster. This is my first jeep so any advice in general would be appreciated as well.

Your probbably going to end up drilling or grinding the head off and let it drop inside the cab floor. In order to remove the dash, you will have to remove the steering column, dash trim panels and electrical connectors and then the dash board assembly.

It's been 10 years or so, but I seem to remember having to do that on my 85 CJ7. I think I was able to use the closed end of a wrench to get up in there and hold the back.

Back