YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A REAL JEEP IF...

Lifted my xj tonight!!!!!!

haha.. i'm looking for a new tub at this point myself

I'm not sure of numbers anymore...

If your dealership said the repairs took longer then expected due to excessive mud.

If you have to worry about going through banks and drive throughs for clearance

If you were forced to give up your garage spot because you couldnt fit in the door.

If everytime it gets hot outside it looks like your jeep took a cr*p from all the mud baked off of it.

If your local car wash is forced to put up a "NO HEAVY MUD WASHING" sign in all the bays.

If you won't go into the automatic car wash because you know it won't get the mud off.

If the majority of fixes on your jeep involve a hose clamp

If You have to bring a change of clothing everywhere you go just in case.

If You feel obligated to wash your jeep before it goes to get fixed.

If you have ever been accused of illegal offroading based on the current cleaness of your jeep. (happened twice now)

If you ever had to wash the insides of your wheels just to do over 45 m.p.h.

i've got some more.....but i think this is good for a while.

vibration on 3rd gear

This is a good post.

When you are happy it snowed so you can get the best parking space (on top of the pile they plowed right to the front for you)

pineaplebob,

Extra clothes...that's funny because I keep an old pair of jeans, t-shirt, and shoes in case an emergency repair is required! I think I have been a month and a half since my baby let me down.

#. When you spend your lunch hour at Napa, Auto Zone, Pep Boys and Lowe's to get parts! (i did today)

Napa- out of Tow Hooks
Pep Boys- Tow Hook(only one in stock)
Auto Zone- Other Tow Hook & 12v Power Outlet (have no power source)
Lowe's- 5" Grade 8 Bolts for Tow hooks to mount to Frame

LET ME OUT OF WORK SO I CAN DO SOME MODS!!!!!!!!!!

when you are happy for snow so you can drive over covered islands----sorry officer I did not even know it was there.... It won't happen again I promis.

88WRANGRED,
Grade 8 Bolts for Tow hooks to mount to Frame

every thing i have seen said to use grade 5 b/c they bend before they snap like grade 8 does.... but if you already have em use em, i cant really seeing them snap/break

grade 8 has a much better shear strength than the grade 5.... that is what you are dealing with too... there really would be no bending to a tow mount, it would shear off if anything.. and the grade 8 has a much better ability to handle such

When you buy 2 toothbrushes, one for your teeth, and one for the oil under your nails.

When you pass up a new sofa set for 4:11 gears. (just happened) :D

Installing an air horn in my YJ?

ok i've got a couple more:

If your jeep changes color with the kind of mud your in.

If you have a urge to check out ever other jeep around you.

If you have ever been called at 4 A.M. to pull a friend out of a ditch.

If you purposly go out to find people that got stuck in bad weather.

If your rear windshield wiper doesn't do a damn thing. (seems happen a lot here)

If you carry around a tow strap where ever you go.

If you find a broken shovel on the trail and make it part of your tool kit. (found a old shovel, thought it would come in handy)

If you hear the street cleaner coming down the street and you run to move your jeep just so all the mud will be swept up.

If you have ever been pulled over for illegal window and light coverage by mud.

Best thread ever!!!

When you can sit in amazement staring at your "NEW" jeep. NOT really new but its been sooooo long since it's top has been on. :lol:

Mission impossible..............making your 24 year old CJ rattle & squeek free..................................For THREE WHOLE DAYS!!!!!

Taking your 7 yo daughter wheeling and your best friend and his boy in their Toyota. After failing the hill climb his boy yells ""dad WE NEED a JEEP!!!""

"Priceless!!!"

If u sold your jeep 3 months ago and you feel as if your going to die or go crazy if you dont buy another.
when u feel like your last wheelin trip was your last confession at church......I MUST GO BACK!!!!!! :shock:

Thanks for the warm welcome back Laura, Ive been soooo busy and kind wondering if I was really aloud here still even tho i have a jeep I dont go wheelin with it. Steven just moved into a new shop in Chatham, So besides the cherokee getting a new paint job, I think we are going to find a nice cj to build up. Hope to be wheeelin with ya in the spring. :)

Back