Please Pray for JHiggins' family & friends

This is a terrible loss for his family and friends. I know that I will miss chatting with Josh in the chat room and here on these forums. There are no comforting words that can express the way that I feel. All I can say is that my thoughts and my prayers are with Josh and his family.

Wow. It really makes you realize how precious life is. It makes you want to savor every minute of it.

I'm new but in my brief time here, I can tell that he was someone that touched a lot of people. It is a very special person that can have this kind of effect on a large number of people you've never met.

He will be missed. :|

I have only been a jeep owner and on this site a week or so... but I am amazed by the closeness and kindess you all have... When I came on and asked my first question ( a rather simple question) he was one of the very first responses and made me feel fine about asking such a simple question... I dont know any of you really and I didnt know him but I can see from reading everyones post that his response to me was indicitive of the person he was... a good guy... my prayers are sent out to his family and friends

I never meet Josh but felt like I knew him. I know a lot of people here were close to him. I feel like we all lost a brother and we did........... :(

Jhiggins My hart goes out to your girlfriend and famliy. I know that your jeeping up there with the gods now. I'll pray for you and your famliy. I'll miss talking with you.

My God.... oh, dear Lord.... My heart and my tears go out to his family and loved ones. You all are right, and I will say it one more time with you.... I was never given the chance to meet Josh personally, but his soul and spirit was in everything he wrote. We've lost a great friend, and a fellow Jeeping Commrad. Goodbye old friend.....

i just saw the obituary notice in the houston chronicle(online edition) i didn't realize he was only 22 and a army ranger. 2 young..............lost for words.....even though i never met him

Here is the obituary notoce from the Houston Chronicle:

JOSHUA C. HIGGINS, 22, died Saturday August 23, 2003. Resident of Pearland, attended Calvary Chapel S.E. Church, served in the United States Army as a Ranger, employed with the Diamond Group. Survivors: parents, Eva and Bill Kennedy; father, Jimmy H. Higgins Jr.; fiancee Cassie Thomason; grandparents, A.P. "Dutch" and Wanda Thost, and Jimmy H. Higgins Sr.; sisters, Becky and Marcie; brothers, James and Cristopher; and host of close family and friends. Visitation will be held from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday Colonial Funeral Home. Funeral Services: 10 a.m. Wednesday August 27, 2003, Calvary Chapel S.E. Church, 3700 FM 528, Friendswood, Tx 77546. Interment Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery.

I am flabber gasted. A big chill went up my spine when I read the post by Deerhunter. I will truly miss him. I don't think until that very moment that I relized the relationships you develope in this forum. Amazingly enough will some you have never met before. He was a great man and will be missed by many. We seem to have a bond as Jeepersl JHiggins was one of the leaders of our Jeep pack. He had a heart of gold, and I am glad he walked his walk with God. God bless J and his family. This too will pass, but his memory never will.

<sigh> :cry: I did not know he was so young either. He was a very sucessful young man, I see. I don't know if he sent my disconnects out or not but either way he was a very kind soul for offering to make them for me. I will treasure the thought forever.

Missing your presence on Jeepz already Josh, from day 1 since you've been gone. This obit only makes it hit home more. How sad. L33, a very nice thought....god needs fresh flowers in his garden too. I can only hope Josh is up there now enjoying his new life and that his family can get through this in one peice. I cannot imagine how since I have never been through a close loss like this but I will continue to pray for them.

Deerhunter, thank you again for bringing us all this information and taking the time to get those flowers sent. You are a loving soul also and everyone here has made me such a proud Jeepz member.

Lady

Suspension HELP

Always hate to hear news like this, and I never really know what to say...

I am just really really sad right now... Thoughts are with J's family, loved ones, and everyone in this community who feel a sense of loss... Keep jeepin, brothers and sisters...

I just got to meet Josh a few weeks ago in McAlaster OK. We did some trading on a 75 CJ5 that he had started doing a frame off restore. I traded him an off road trailer that I had built. Josh seemed to be a very pleasent person and very out going. All was there as he had stated in his emails to me, but he had forgot a few parts and he assured me that he would ship them to me, he was an honest person. I really feel bad now because I had emailed him and left messages on his cell phone and I was wondering why he did not reply, now I know. We talked quite abit that day in OK about what we were both going to do. Now I have his 75 CJ5 and have started putting it back together, but now I must stop because last sat nite I bought a 72 CJ5 that was complete and done, now I have no money to finish the jeep that Josh had. Life is to short so live each day to its fullest.

To Josh,
May God be with you brother, just remember to lock in the front end and tell God to buckle up because I know that you will give him a ride to remember.

I know I'm new here but I've been reading the posts for some time now and feel like I know alot of you already. I'm really sorry to hear about Josh. Parents are not supposed to outlive their children.

Does anyone know how it happened?

Josh was a NASA security officer at Johnson Space Center. He was working the night shift and was in his squad car and was t-boned by a 1/2 ton truck that was probably doing somewhere around 50mph. Josh died instantly.

his family and girlfriend are in my prayers. he will be greatly missed.

Prayers goes out to his family. And a thanks for all the great advice he's given in the past. I wish I had a chance to wheel with him.

Back