Please Pray for JHiggins' family & friends

ok, first i must touch up on something i've seen said repeated often in this topic... "I don't know him personally"... ok, no, most of us have not met him physically... but personally, we all have... his person, the person he lived as, the person who we will continue to keep as an influence to us being exactly what/where/who we are at any moment. We may not have ever met his physical body, but we have all come to know his character. An impact one makes on another is not due to having met the matter a person is made of, but rather the interaction one has with another. And that includes the information, humor, criticism, and all words we've ever recieved from Josh. And that is exactly what has brought every one of us here at Jeepz.com to feel the impact of this tragedy. A tragedy which has taken away a great part of this group.. and being a memeber of this group, I can personally feel exactly what was taken away. The life of any person is something that we wish we could always hold, but will always have to let go of eventually. But yet, his personality, his character, the information he has provided, the humor and sarcasm he incorporated in his statements, that has not left us, that is all something we are able to hold on to. And something I am sure we will all keep, and hold with high respect.

To all of you, if you are a believer in a higher life than what we live on this earth, remember to include in your prayers every person he has impacted, and the people who interacted with him during his life, most of all, his friends and family. Remember that he is now off to a head start in a much better life.

If you are not a believer, please think of the ways that he has interacted with the people in his life. Think of the ways he interacted with your life, being a very active member in this group. If you are not a believer in that he will move to a much better place, then please help keep his character alive, help keep the person he was, continue to be a part of our lives.

On Sep 23, 2002, Josh joined Jeepz.com and has since been a great influence in helping every member. He made sure to comment and touch on every post he possibly could, whether informative, sarcastic, or just to give the feel that someone DOES care about our questions, no matter how complicated, easy, or silly the question was... In under a year, he has spent a LARGE amount of time with us members here... Who is with me on showing his loved ones at home a symbol of our appreciation in form of a gift?

Hello

when i read the post title i thought someones jeep had been broken into.....but when i was reading the first reply i realzied that it was much worse, i never met the man but every question i ever posted he had at least one reply to it, even if the didnt know how to fix it he still sent me in the right direction, it is just so sad to see someone go, i know he will always be with me in my jeep weather i am on or off the road

Body Lifts

i would like to join snitty in sending josh's family a gift at home,snitty you can e-mail at phatrabbit8503@aol.com i check that more than the pm's here at jeeps.com

Thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences... my heart goes out to his family and all of his friends...

-Greywolf

this may be a silly idea, but i was wondering if there was a way to name a trail in his memory, somewhere in the vast state of texas? if not that, then maybe something to that affect?

These recent events are extremely tragic and I would like to express my sympathies and offer my prayers to Josh and all those close to him.

As stunned as we all probably are, I think we should recognize, but not dwell to long on the death of a comrad and a friend but rather celebrate the live he lived. From what I knew of him, that is the way he wanted it!

Johnny

Please go and sign Josh's "Jhiggins" guest book!

this may be a silly idea, but i was wondering if there was a way to name a trail in his memory, somewhere in the vast state of texas? if not that, then maybe something to that affect?

YES!
at the jeepz trail ride here at hot springs in sept, he got permission to blaze a trail, infact he has dont all of the organizing for the event, but now im gonna try and see if i can finish it and make it happen, gettin back to the trail, i will make sure that it is named somethin along the line of "The Josh Higgins Memorial Trail''

Snitty,

I planned on sending something myself when the arrangements were posted. I would be glad to go in on a wreath with you. I can even arrange getting it sent if everyone wants to send me their names and we can put jeepz.com along with the message.

Thank you for your post. I do believe in a higher power but it is very hard in the first few days to not be sad and celebrate. I did however, on my way out tonight; stop my jeep and get out and pray on a star for Josh's family and for his soul to arrive safely where it is headed. I know he was a great person and will be dearly missed.

Lady

ok, if we are to organize a gift, we'll have to have information on how/where to send contributions/money in order to get it taken care of

I should know something about arrangements today sometime. I'll post here on this thread as soon as I know something.

That is awesome about naming a trail after him. I was not planning on going to the Jeepz ride in Arkansas, but I will have to try and open up my schedule now if we can name a trail after him.

I havent been on the computer for a few day due to the fact that Miss Purple is being sold. I just logged on to my email to clean out some junk and found some old emails from J. In the prosses of cleaning my box out I was also reading up on jeepz.com to see what I have missed. Jhiggins has done alot for everyone, But my memories of him are a bit different, When in highschool I had a boyfriend named James Higgins (he also died in a horrible car accident) But ever since my first post on this forum, seeing his name everyday brought back memories to me that I havent thought of for years.... I will miss Josh very much, My Prayers go out to his family, and everyone on the board, even if you didnt know josh I belive we all have a wonderful connection. Let me know if theres anything I can do.

If somebody who lives close to J, or will be attending the service, has a paypal account, we all can send money to them and that person can order an arraingment/wreath to have at the memorial, in the comment box, simple put the name you would like to have printed. As soon as someone steps foward, I am in!
I don't want to cause any more problems, or cause anymore stress, deerhunter, you seem to be the one with all the info right now, would you be willing to do this?

Johnny
jps4jeep@aol.com

I would be willing to do this. I do not have a paypal account. But I am sure that we can work something out. Let me find out what the arrangements are. I could start a new thread and people could commit to sending me money. I'll pay in advance and then just deposit the money as it comes in. What do ya'll think?

I'll commit to donating some money and paypal accounts aren't too hard to open if you want to open one.

TARSI

Paypal accounts are free. Do you have a checking account? Credit card or Check card. the money can be moved to those accounts easily.

Sorry that I haven't commented on this whole situation. I have really had WAY to much death in my life the past few months. When I read this, it felt as if hot water was thrown in my face. "Sorry" doesn't ease the pain. Time doesn't either. Loss is Loss and it all sucks.

To Josh's Parents. I regret that you have to go through the worst possible time of your natural lives, and bury your own child. I weap for you every time I think of it. Try to be strong, time will make it easier to deal with but it will never make it painless.

OK guys. I have a paypal account and will start a new thread for those that want to contribute to an arrangement from Jeepz.com.

These are the arrangements just for your information:

Viewing from 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Tuesday August 26th at Colonial Funeral Home at 901 S. Main in Pasadena, Tx (713)472-4337

Funeral service at 10:00am on Wednesday August 27th at Calvery Chapel at 3700 FM 528, League City, Tx (281-648-5800

I wish I could attend the funeral. I will make arrangements to contribute for the fund. I understand you L33, I couldn't sleep a wink all night and I had many tears also. This loss reminded me of another earlier in the year...another young man lost to a vehicle accident also. It is too much to think about. Talk to you all later.

Back