Frame Dimensions

bobcat481

Ok...Looking to buy some rock sliders from a certain someone. Question is: They are for a TJ. I have a YJ. What are the frame dimensions on a TJ? I need to know how tall, how wide, how far from the frame to the outside edge of the tub, and if the frame tapers any. The frame on my YJ's "main beams" are 4" tall, 2-1/2" wide, and sits 11-1/2" from the outside edge of the tub, and appears to have no taper front to back. Any thought would help. Later, Brad

Ok....I'm finding that there may be a body mount in the way. Anybody know?

What about body mounts? Roughly in the same place? Do you know details? What's the dimensionson the frame itself? I'm finding the size of the "tube" is the same. 4" X 2-1/2". Is this true? Talk to me trucker-clock!

The TJ frame tube is 2.5" wide. The inside dimension at the front axle lower frame mounts is 29.5". The inside dimension at the rear axle lower frame mounts is 37.75". I just use the decimal equivalent for the fraction because it is easier to type.
What the heck is trucker-clock?

Last edited:
Gqq, can you give me the body mount locations off a given point. Say from rear of the front fender well > back. I just need the couple of mounts along the flat area of the tub. Also, how far is it from the outside edge of the tub to the frame @ the center of the door? Thanks

Ok...went to the local dealership today. I think the salesman thought I was under it inspecting it to buy. He can up talking financing. I think I broke his heart when I told him what I was doing. All that said, I think they are pretty much the same through the mid-section. One tub mount in the center is off a little but the sliders should straddle it, I hope. I think I'll give them a shot. Thanks.

Back