Computer bypass 2100 changeout

Just changed the plugs and.........wait for it........wait for it. NOTHiNG!!!! Just cranks and cranks. Plug 5 and 6 smelled like gas

I use a Philips head screwdriver. Put it in the spark plug wire and hold it about a quarter inch away from a metal surface on the engine. Have someone crank the motor over. You should see the spark jumping between the metal of the screwdriver and the metal of the engine

Attachments

• image-4199266138.jpg
    image-4199266138.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 198

you are not kidding. i lay the screw driver so its about 1/4" away because i hate how bad that shocks you.

does that plug smell like fuel? thats an odd color for a spark plug

Dude just got back from picking up my hard top. Got it for $300 I think it was a fair price. About 150 miles round trip and my brothers got my doors, about another 100 miles round trip. I'm very happy with it. Man three years with only a bikini top in the rainiest town in the nation was getting old. Anyway, how's it going with the carb?

looks good. just like mine, ha ha ha.

you live on the big island? thats a lot of driving for an island. i don;t remember it taking that long to drive around oahu when we lived there. but maybe my memories just forgotten the boring parts of the rides?

I heard a clicking sound earlier today and thought it was coming from the motor. It was on the passenger side. Which item shall I replace in the morn?

Yeah it's about four hundred miles to drive around the big island. You could fit all the neighbor islands on the big island. I've got friends that have been looking for hard tops longer than I have. So naturally I had to call them over to show them mine. Ha ha love it

ha ha ha, thats hilarious.

absolute moon, pull your cap and rotor and make sure they are good. check the rotor with a volt/ohm meter set on the buzzer noise for resistance. it makes a noise and reads zero when you touch the tips together. put one tip on the end of the rotor that spins and the other end on top where the button form the cap sits. also, make sure your wire from the coil is good, check it with the meter too, one tip in each end touching the metal. it shoud make the noise and read zero too.

if both of those are good, check for power to your coil by putting the meter on volts and touch one tip to each wire. it should read 12 - 14 , or whatever your battery reads.

a
you just did the nutter right? check to make sure all your wires are still connected first

Man I think I had one too many. Lol thank god for superj cause I can't help you right now. Wooohooo

What time is it there? 8 or something? And your toast already? Good for you. Enjoy. I'm just starting.

If the terminals on the cap and rotor are corroded, the spark won't be able to jump the gap. Creating a no spark zone.

first, make sure your wires on the nutter bypass are connected well still

Back