college kid lookin to lift

burton

im in college and this summer i want to lift my cj and put atleast 33's on it. Im trying to do this as early as possible. I want to do a 4" lift and a 1" shackle lift w/ beefy 33's. I was wondering if anyone had any combos of lift kits and tires that would be reasonable for a college kid. thanks

add-a-leaf (1.5-2") + body lift (1.5-2") + shackle lift (1")... total 4-5"... plenty for 33s.. total cost if done with bargain shopping... under $200

A 3" BL, new bushing set, and some quality shocks would make a world of difference and let you cleanly fit some 33x12.5s on a 10" wheel. On a CJ, a small shackle lift and you can clear some 33s on a 8" wheel for the street. I know guys running 33s on factory CJs with just some fender trimming, but there isn't any clearance there.

The problem is that the factory suspension on that CJ is more than likely worn out. A cheap suspension lift would give you your clearance and also more than likely improve the ride and handling of the Jeep.

Now For The Next Mod

well i dont want to do a body lift im looking for the cheapest 4" lift kit but i dont want the springs to be shitty either

well i dont want to do a body lift im looking for the cheapest 4" lift kit but i dont want the springs to be shitty either

Well.....I don't know what to tell you. Cheap springs are shitty. I've wasted my own time plus seen others do the same too many times to screw up the ride and performance of my Jeep just to save $100 on a suspension system. If your buying an off the shelf lift, you're either going make some compromises or your going to spend more money.

I'm sold on Skyjacker, I have had nothing but good experience with them.

Back