Bad day or is it just me?

If you've got poor idle quality you could have gotten a bad IAC valve. I'll do some more research on monday when I get back to the shop and see if I can come up with something else.

I already replaced the IAC valve. but the light is still ringing IAC so idk. as for the belt, is there any way to tighten it? or would i just have to get a new one. Its started to show signs of age so i might just replace it all together

you can tighten it. i don;t remember how on a 95 but its either by ac or the power steering (if i remember right)

You said it started after you installed the coolant temp sensor. Did you try putting the old one back in.

If faulty it will register -40 and the PCM will run extremly rich. Could cause Iac rationality problems etc.

It might take several key cycles to clear the code too, in my pickup, after getting a code for down stream o2 sensor, I replaced it and then it took 30 key cycles to clear out before the light went out, never came back on.

ok. Let's say that the part will clear out in 30 key cycles. The jeep is still running like shit. What step should i take next? because it is still having issues starting and smelling like gas like no other from the exhaust

i will do a fuel pressure check within the next few days. i believe everything is plugged in right but i will double check all my work. Ill post what i get from the check

started when the engine light flashed for fuel injector being bad. took them out. cleaned them. put them back. light was gone for that but then rang for a bad coolant temperature sensor. changed that, and it solved the engine light problem as well, but this time it rang for a bad IAC valve. this is the moment that the jeep drove rough and rich. i changed the IAC valve, but the engine light is still marking it and nothing has changed after i replaced it. Still rich gas smelling exhaust with a horrible time starting and a whining noise from the belt.

josue estrada said:
started when the engine light flashed for fuel injector being bad. took them out. cleaned them. put them back. light was gone for that but then rang for a bad coolant temperature sensor. changed that, and it solved the engine light problem as well, but this time it rang for a bad IAC valve. this is the moment that the jeep drove rough and rich. i changed the IAC valve, but the engine light is still marking it and nothing has changed after i replaced it. Still rich gas smelling exhaust with a horrible time starting and a whining noise from the belt.

Did you hook a scan tool to the computer or did the key on key off thing? I had an issue with my tj computer said it was running lean si I replaced o2 sensors cleaned throttle body out ended up being low fuel pressure causing the light to trio. I replaced the whole pump and the light shut it self off after 2 key on cycles

Back