Bad brake booster or something else?

Any luck yet?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson
I ordered front calipers and new flex lines. They were supposed to arrive yesterday but only the lines showed up. Calipers should be here by Monday. If the rain cooperates I’ll swap them out Monday evening after work and let ya know if it is solved.

Any luck yet?

Ok so far I have replaced the booster, the master cylinder, both front calipers and both front flex lines.
Still the Jeep don’t stop goodly.
I’m going to try and bleed all 4 again. (I bled the front two after the caliper replacement and assured they both work properly and both are getting fluid)
But I’m not sure I’m going to bother to replace the rear two calipers or not, I’m running out of time for this Jeep to take me on my trip.

Where do you live?? State and city?
Any jeep clubs ??? You could get a second pair of eyes on the issue.

Where do you live?? State and city?
Any jeep clubs ??? You could get a second pair of eyes on the issue.

I’m in Pennsylvania, a little north of Pittsburgh.

I don’t know if any clubs but admittedly I am very much anti-social. And none of my friends are “car guys” as I am usually the friend everyone comes to when they have car trouble.

I’m going to call the mechanic today when he opens and see if I can bring it to him and have him bleed it with a scan tool that will work the valves in the ABS control module to make sure sure all of the air is out of the lines before I bother putting any more money into parts.

Call you local SZ or O’Reillys to see if their scan tool will do that. Its free.
Was in NEPA now Dayton.

Call you local SZ or O’Reillys to see if their scan tool will do that. Its free.
Was in NEPA now Dayton.

I’m bringing it in to my mechanic this afternoon, he said he will let me use his scan tool and help me bleed the brakes.
Overall this mechanic has been an awesome help from letting me take his vacuum tester home to borrow, to setting time aside to chat with me about possible issues.
I don’t think he is going to charge me so we will see this afternoon.
Fingers crossed because I am tired of this crap lol

I’m bringing it in to my mechanic this afternoon, he said he will let me use his scan tool and help me bleed the brakes.
Overall this mechanic has been an awesome help from letting me take his vacuum tester home to borrow, to setting time aside to chat with me about possible issues.
I don’t think he is going to charge me so we will see this afternoon.
Fingers crossed because I am tired of this crap lol
Ok so I got my Jeep back and the issue is solved!!!
The mechanic said there was an obstruction in the vacuum hose to the motor, a mud wasps nest that he blew out with an air hose.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 so $450 in parts…and it was a damn wasp nest.

What I don’t get though is how it was pulling the appropriate amount of vacuum when we used the tester but it was obstructed enough that it was not letting the booster do it’s job.
🤷🏻‍♂️
I don’t know, I’m just going to be happy it’s done, and get to welding my tire carrier back on, and getting my CB and galley ready for my trip.

Thanks for helping me through this nonsense

Back