Bad day or is it just me?

josue estrada said:
i am using the key on key off method

Stop at the nearest autoparts store and have and scan the code for u and they should give u a print out of what the code is and possible ways to fix it. I know autozone does this

What was the code for the fuel injectors ? Quick check that would be a good idea would be to pull a spark plug out and see if it's carboned up bad, really black, or if there's raw fuel on it. Your light will time out after 30 cycles only if the fault is fixed. Did you put a new gasket on the IAC valve ? If you've got some brake clean you can check for a vacuum leak around the IAC, see if it's leaking air into the intake.

it first rang 28. injector. so i cleaned all the injectors. that took that light away. next it rang 22. engine coolant temperature sensor. changed it. light went away. this time light rang 25. a shortened condition detected in one or more of the idle air control motor circuits. changed the IAC valve and still the light remains on and car runs rich and shitty.

i would still check fuel pressure and make sure none of your o2 wires are melted to the exhaust manifold or anything

alright guys. i really appreciate the time you guys are giving. so i was still a bit confused about this issue. i went and rechecked everything and it all seemed fine. so i drove the jeep for about 10 minutes on the highway. got back. and found out that the computer reset. so now the IAC is fine. It is now ringing up number 31. i found out that this is the EVAP solenoid or circuit. what can you guys tell me about this? easy job? hard? am i screwed here.

josue estrada said:
i will be replacing the canister purge solenoid

Could be ur computer cuz it seems like it keeps throwing codes at u

after the computer reset did it run better and have you checked the fuel regulator yet?.....man i love my old carburetor Cjs

Back