Where can I get spedometer gears?

Jesse

Basically what the title says, I saw some on quadratec's site, and I was wondering if there was anywhere else that was cheaper. Any suggestions would be appreciated! By the way, I'd need it for 33" tires and 3.73 gears. I hope this is the right forum..

EBay, that's where I got mine for like $15.

I used to buy these over the dealer parts counter for like $12 not that long ago.
these were the "long" ones.

Thank you all for all your help!

Tacoma Speedometer - Home is the best place I've found, great prices and cheap shipping.

The charts say you need a 31t, closest I have here is a 30t. Tacoma Speedometer should be a lot cheaper than the above website.

How far off do you think the 30t would be? And would it be better to go with 30t or 32t? I found both for about $20 on ebay.

Last edited:

Speaking of speedo gears... I heard on another site that ( I guess with newer model Jeeps) you dont have to play around with speedo gears when you change to bigger tires or rear end gearing, apparently you just take it into the dealer, they "flash" your computer and the computer will be able to pick up on the new ratios, accomodate for them and your speedo won't be out of wack.
true?

Speaking of speedo gears... I heard on another site that ( I guess with newer model Jeeps) you dont have to play around with speedo gears when you change to bigger tires or rear end gearing, apparently you just take it into the dealer, they "flash" your computer and the computer will be able to pick up on the new ratios, accomodate for them and your speedo won't be out of wack.
true?

True only if the size tire is in the selection menu of the ECU. For the most part, it can be calibrated pretty close.

I switched out mine on my '06 TJ and is was super easy. I went to quadratec and used their sizing chart. I think it was like $20 or so.

I found a large selection of gears at Quadratec. They have a spread sheet for tire size and gearing, prices are very reasonable.

Have you contacted Tacoma Speedometer for a 31t?

I literally JUST got a response from this and this is what they said:

I am currently out of stock of this gear, we normally buy these as needed
from the dealerships. The cost on these gears went up about 300 percent in
the last six months. Part number should be 52067631. Hope this helps.
Thanks
Mark

So I guess I'm back to my question from earlier. Is 30 or 32 better for me?

Either will be off about 2-3mph.

Or spend the $80 and get the electronic speedo interface from Dakota Digital, and you can get it dead on. You will then be set for any future changes in tire size or gear ratio.

Either will be off about 2-3mph.

Or spend the $80 and get the electronic speedo interface from Dakota Digital, and you can get it dead on. You will then be set for any future changes in tire size or gear ratio.

How hard is it to install and set it up? Or did you have someone else do it for you?

Pretty easy, I did it myself and I hate wiring anything. Let me know if you decide on it and I will let you know the settings that worked for me on the 4 switches.

I mounted mine beneath the dash so I can reach up underneath while driving and calibrate the speedo. It required running about 5 or 6 wires from beneath the dash to the speedo sending unit.

Back