What does your Jeep do for you?

What does your Jeep do for you?

• Daily Driver, all or mostly stock, (never offroad)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daily Driver, few mods (light offroad)

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Daily Driver, weekend warrior, street legal (for the most part)

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 2nd vehicle, weekend cruiser (little to no offroad)

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 2nd vehicle, splits time on street and offroad (varying levels of offroading)

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • 2nd vehicle, the only road time is back and forth to the trails, (wheel it hard)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Trailer only (beat it like a red headed stepchild on the trails)

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
I should not have said unbalanced.. I do have about 10 oz of air soft bee-bee's in each tire. but not that great, I also don't have any sway bars, trac bars.
image-missing.png

My old CJ is pretty much a trail-only vehicle at this point. It's probably not strictly street legal, but we don't make too much of a fuss about that kind of thing in Tennessee. Turn signals, fenders--who needs 'em? Frankly, as I've gotten older, I value my comfort more. Driving a V-8 powered '74 CJ-5 with a welded rear end is like sitting on a buckboard wagon being pulled by a race horse with an arrow up his @ss. I'll stick to the trails for the most part, and use my air-conditioned car for driving around town, thanks.

I'v recently put a 2" bds lift with 31" all terains so it's mostly street but some off road to get into a few fishing holes i like to visit. Unfotunatly right now it's up on blocks until I can get my hands on the super duper only available at dodge socket to get my rear axle's out to change the wheel bearings. GRRR!!! It's a 94 grand cherokee so I'm sure I'm not the first one to run into this little gem:x :x

Since finishing the vast majority of Project Salt (93 YJ), I've taken it off-road about two times, but no major off-roading yet. The rest of the time it's been either garaged or parked outside, with only a safari top covering the interior. It seems as though when I want to take it to work there's a threat of rain, and the rain always finds a way onto the front seats :x I'm not a big fan of driving with a wet bum and back. Hmmm... the sun's out. Guess I'll go for a drive :D

Back