the bored machinist

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
Bored at work.....open cnc mill

ForumRunner_20130305_201653.png

What exactly is your job? I think I may look into learning your trade...
I am a machinist...I am nothing with out my mill....lol, I wear many hats at work, engineer, cnc programmer, operator, deburr hand. but a general machinist, who has lots of time on his hands.

hey, I like that antenna mount!
Get a swing away tire carrier Terry and I will make you one up. can churn them out in like 15 minutes.

You can't be bored. You are a machinist. We always think about building abetter mouse trap.
May your tool box be full of Staret products.....LOL

Nice.... I have a few. When I worked as a tool and die maker, they wouldn't let you roll in a Kennedy tool box.... The thing about them is that they never loose their values like the metal ones do. I had a rollaway like that once and I traded it for a used Bridgeport. The Bridgeport made me more money than the tool box.... LOL
i have my own shop now but I travel most of the time teaching CAD-CAM software all over the country. Once in a while the navy calls me back in for a short time... Just got home for a while but it looks like I might get called back soon.....

I still make a living out of my box. Myq company has several seats of Mastercam and solid works. I still use Tek-soft for my programmng. Been thinking of getting the student software of Mastercam, just so I can fix the code bombs my programmer dreams up, but we only have 2d seats, my tek is a full 3D seat, so when I need to fix code I do it in teksoft

So I got the last of the bored machinist projects back from the platers

ForumRunner_20130322_213639.png
A few 4--40 screws and the switchs

ForumRunner_20130322_213754.png

Then mounted up

ForumRunner_20130322_213847.png

Too many people are stuck now days on one product. You have the right approach, use what ever have available and get your job done. Let the chips fly!

Great idea. If you do that, wait for a while and make sure you have the switches on the right order then do it. You can also print them as clear labels with a pouch label printer. I had done that with all my drill and endmill cabinets.

Great idea. If you do that, wait for a while and make sure you have the switches on the right order then do it. You can also print them as clear labels with a pouch label printer. I had done that with all my drill and endmill cabinets.

That's a good idea till I get them set

Back