T-Max Winch

southtj

tmax_winch-2.jpg

Anyone ever hear of these? They look pretty nice as far as the specs go but I don't know what the pricing is.

http://www.t-maxwinches.com/winches/

From Rockcrawler.com - http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/03december/tmax.asp

5.5 HP - That sounds like a nice winch. Would like to see some prices on them as well. OME is from Austrailia, could be a good product too.

Only listing three dealers in the USA wow that is not a very big market as of yet. If they are good and catch on the price will rise! tug

Do any of those have the "free line" option? I didn't see it listed. I would buy one if it had that option. If you ever find out the pricing let us know!

I just called the distributor. Here is the scoop. They started selling this in Australia about 1 1/2 years ago and worked the bugs out there. They modeled theirs after the Warn but made it better and did some of their own modifications. They currently have about 15 dealers and will update the list on their website next week. They will be at the Jeep Jamboree at Moab in April. He said they are trying to sell to 4wd clubs, organizations, online etc. They just started selling here about a month ago.

List price for the 9500 is 937.50 but the dealers are selling them from 700 and up. Mike Stutz at 574-266-1444 is the distributor and can hook you up with a dealer if you want.

edit: He did say you can power the line out or use the clutch to free spool it out.

I'm not too thrilled about the 1 year warranty, Warn and Ramsey both give a lifetime warranty, and mile marker gives 2 years.

It doesn't mean it's not a good product, but I'd rather buy from a company that stands behind their product.

GreenReaper93 said:
Hey that's around where I'm at (literally around the corner.) What was the name of the shop you called?

I don't know where the guy is located. The number I found just said that he was the distributor for the US. Stutz Enterprises I think, I've already thrown the magazine away that I found it in.

and your right TC a longer warranty would be nice.

Back