Size of tire I can fit

Cherokee1326

Hey ya I have a 96 Cherokee and I'm planning to do 5.5in of lift on and I been get ppl telling me that I can fit 33 or 32 I just wonder if I could really fit 33 cuz I have a used set of them that I could put on and hold off buy new tire till I get the money together please sumone help me with this cuz I'm doin the lift this weekend so I need to know asap cuz if I can fit the 33 I have to order the 32 by tomorrow thanx if u help me out and send me sum pIc so I can see way u did with ur jeep

Should be fine but might rub a bit while turning. It all depends on the tire and wheel. ATs that say 33 are often 32 and some MTs are the same. Maxxis tires are at least an inch smaller than what the sidewall says yet my TSLs are 38.5 but say 38. If you run a wider wheel they will be shorter but will tend to rub more.

xjmarc said:
Should be fine but might rub a bit while turning. It all depends on the tire and wheel. ATs that say 33 are often 32 and some MTs are the same. Maxxis tires are at least an inch smaller than what the sidewall says yet my TSLs are 38.5 but say 38. If you run a wider wheel they will be shorter but will tend to rub more.

I'm goin with black rock rim 15x10 with 4.75 backspacing on it and trxus sts 33x1250x15 for now till I can get money for km2

5.5" lift on 33" should do fine. I had a 95XJ with 4.5" lift on 33"s and cut fenders. rubbed on Left LCA at full lock, otherwise all was good.

MoparMatt77 said:
5.5" lift on 33" should do fine. I had a 95XJ with 4.5" lift on 33"s and cut fenders. rubbed on Left LCA at full lock, otherwise all was good.

The only think is it a 2in budget lift with a 4in lift on top of it so u think I'll still be good or naw

I run 33 10.5 with no trimming no rubbing unless my susp is fully flexed. Im at about five in front due to bumper and winch.

and i had 31s and at full flex, it never rubbed one bit. plus, i got compliments all the time on how it looked

I run 33s no problem on 5"lift also ran 34s in past
s1-1.jpg
33s in pict

BTW, I forgot to mention. My 95 XJ was lifted with stock LCA and standard offset wheels. With aftermarket LCAs or Wheels pushed out a bit It never would've rubbed.

I have 7 inches of lift and 31s and they barely clear at full stuff, just like when it only had 4" of lift. Lift only allows larger tires if you never plan to wheel it or if you bump stop the hell out of it and that kind of defeats the purpose lifting for better offroad performance. If you want larger tires, do it right and plan on cutting.

I'd like to see some pics of 7" with 31s. When I ran 6" and 33s without trimming I only rubbed a little at full stuff.

I have one picture, but only of the rear stuffed. I'll see if I can find one of the front, i'm at work today. But if there is a way to get a 33" tire to stuff in stock fender wells of a Cherokee i'd like to know how. You would have to remove the flares the bumper endcaps and trim the sheet metal. Show me someone with 33s that has not had to do that. lifting a a jeep does nothing to open up the fender wells. You will be modifying the body to make them fit. My buddy has a RE 5.5" lift, removed the flares and runs aftermarket bumpers and still has slice marks in his rear tires where they contact the body. He has not trimmed the back but has trimmed the front a lot. On my jeep I've left the body stock and with 31s I had to remount the front bumper endcab 1/2 inch forward. I also moved the front axle 3/4" forward so the 31s would clear the back of the wheel well.

Attachments

• CIMG3547.jpg
    CIMG3547.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 12,509

I run 33/12.50 on 4.5 inches of lift... the fenders are cut up really high but the rear hasn't been touched

I ran 33s with 4.5" for years and the only trimming I did was to the inner plastic liners on the front. Rear was stock till I got 35s. I rubbed the flares a little but not too much.

I ran 33s with 4.5" for years and the only trimming I did was to the inner plastic liners on the front. Rear was stock till I got 35s. I rubbed the flares a little but not too much.

So was that with no extra length bump stops? And were those 33x12.50s? I'd love to go to 33s without butchering the fenders but i don't want to lose the up travel

My kit came with a 2" bump stop which I used at first and they were 12.50s. XJs don't exactly have big wheel wells so if you plan to wheel it you will prob end up cutting at least a little.

My XJ was sagging with age. I put new factory leafs on it and I have no probs with my 31s.

Back