shovel challenge

duff

so... who thinks that they can come up with a better way to attach their shovel for under $5.00. the challenge is on
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

edited by: duff, Mar 18, 2003 - 02:13 AM[addsig]

gonna try like hell to get a picture up by tomorrow, the wife is now involved, maybe we can figure out this picture thing together. thanks [addsig]

i have no idea what your pic is of, but i do have two cheap ideas

1. Duct tape

2. Zip ties

:-D :-D :-D :-D [addsig]

I use two bungee cords and attach mine to my hilift, which is mounted between the two rollbar uprights above the tailgate. Of course zip ties or duct-tape would be cheaper :lol: [addsig]

I´ve got a double fold military in a neat plastic green case, that kinda just rolls around the back, but usually eventually ends up under the gas pedal.
One neat trick I will share, is sharpening the edge of your shovel, works almost as good as a machette (firemans trick).[addsig]

I DO like that setup... Though... I have a solid bumper and cannot mount it like that... I find it useful to just toss one in the back seat when I go out on the trail[addsig]

Here you go

image-missing.png

Its a good setup, but wouldnt work for me because the first thing I did when I bought my Jeep was to get rid of those little bumperettes in favor of a double tube on with a receiver hitch

TARSI[addsig]

imagine my surprise when after a long day of work i come home ready to wrestle with my computer to get the picture of my jeep on here and BAM there it is!! thank you Tarsi for posting it!! the only problem with having the shovel on the back is ya have to take it off to open the lift. cause it's held on by radiator clamps it comes off easy though. the hard top comes off for good in 2 weeks so it won't be a problem. { the doors came off 3 days ago.} allthough i still have to figure out how to post pics at least the pressure is off to get that pic up. {thanks again Tarsi}[addsig]

ok, to post a picture, first you have to get a host other than imagestation because they dont allow outside links to the pictures hosted with them. I just use the one that came with my internet service. Then you have to upload the picture to that host. then you type in

< img src="www.yoursitehere.com/filename" >

except without the space before and after the < > its that simple. Man, I knew that webdesign class would pay off sometime. :-D

TARSI

edited by: tarsij, Mar 18, 2003 - 05:03 PM[addsig]

Fortunantly this Message board uses BBC Code and your normal HTML Tags. ;-) so the Code to post could be [ IMG]http://www.whatnot.com/filename[/IMG] without the Space after the First Bracket. that is a little Easier to use. I find it Easiest to just click the Image button at the bottom of the Post Submit form and enter the addy there.[addsig]

Back