Selling a Wrangler... ?

Jagered

So I'm putting my '16 Wrangler Sport Unlimited w/117k miles up for sale and have gotten A LOT of crap for the price I was asking?!?

Originally... KBB was almost 20k so I listed it foe $23,500 OBO.
It's loaded and not with a bunch of ridiculous stuff that people wouldn't want like a remote start, 7" Kenwood radio, Clear Lidz top (w/ freedom panels), 2nd set of wheels and then a bunch of little things like CAI, throttle body spacer, catback dual exhaust, rock lights, metal front bumper with led spot, led light package, etc. (ton more to list)...

So I lowered it to $20,500 and STILL caught sh!t for trying to over charge someone?!?! Completely dealer maintained except recently had the front drive shaft replaced by a local shop...

Is that price ridiculously high?
It's been maticulously maintained and looks great...
20230527_141056%20(2).jpg
20220313_175520%20(2).jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Don't worry what people say about price. You should try to get the best price possible.
Cars / Jeeps / everything have been overpriced for a while now. I think prices are starting to come down though.

I think you should remove all the stickers, the tow hitch cover, and maybe the red hood hold downs. Try to get it as stock looking as possible.
Sell the second set of wheels separately, they won't bring any extra during this sale.

I didn't see a place to add in a hard top, so this price may be lite

Screenshot 2024-01-06 131045.png

You should get a quote from carmax and carvana. I found that carmax gave me more for my wife's old Acadia than I could have sold it for on craigslist.

IMO, you are still at least $3K too high for a Jeep with that kind of mileage. But get what you can get...you just might be sitting on that for a spell.

Yea... I was gonna clean it up but wanted to see if a Vet would buy it then I'd leave a bunch of stuff on it.

Carvana was a joke... they offered $11k for it!!!

Truth be told I don't "have" to sell, I just wanted to for extra money to put into our house.

High mileage?
117k is high but not high for a well maintained Jeep. Jeeps still sell for over $25k at dealerships with almost 100k on them.

I've never done ceramic, but seen it on youtube. Did you have the coat the plastic fenders, headlights, etc - or just the paint? I see some guys use it on everything.

I've never done ceramic, but seen it on youtube. Did you have the coat the plastic fenders, headlights, etc - or just the paint? I see some guys use it on everything.
Yup... they do everything!
It really is awesome when you get a good shop to do a real coat. Many just say ceramic coating and get cheap sprays and then it doesn't last.

Ha!
... did a KBB check on my Wrangler and the range was 14,861 - 18,334 (16,598 median) and got a call about having a cash price given with an inspection of the vehicle... so I went over to the dealer.
$10,000 was their pathetic offer!
They said it's has too many miles and I said really??? Why are you selling a Jeep with higher mileage for over $25k on your lot right now? And Carvana had a '17 with 102k miles for 24,500 so don't tell me the miles are high.

Thanks for the insult jacknutz... they wanted the jeep for 10k so they could clean it up and sell it for twice as much.

That's their game right, buy low and sell high.
Sounds like they just wanted to get you on their lot.

Back