red top installed....fog lights no work

LGR

So..i was at costco today and seen that they had an optima red top for 89 bucks. I bought it, and installed it today. I started the jeep no problems..but now my fog lights don't work..all the connections are good fuse is good. rescraped the grounds..no corrosion or anything. Also do they make a hold down that fits the optima's better? but about the fog lights..anyone had this happen or anything like that..or ideas?

It has nothing to do with the battery. You must of overlooked a connection or something like that.

just the strange part was i only disconnected the battery. never really messed with the wiring to the lights...i'll have to do a good once over on it i think. The relay clicks when i push the light button..but it seems that the power is not getting to the lights. perhaps the relay is bad?

As for the tie down, On my YJ, I used the original tie down, I just bent the two side supports up flush with the bracket. they do make a billet bling bling tie down for optima's in jeeps, but Not worth the $, too much dinero!

As for you lights, Tom is right, I would get in there with a meter and check everything out! (I am assuming that these are after market) If not the ground, check to see if you are getting 12 votls, see if you can hear the relay click when turned on, if no click, either new relay (Which I had burn out before) or came un-hooked. You may have snagged a wire or something and not known it when you put the battery on. also continuity check the switch if all else fail. see if it still good!

Alright. I rescraped the grounds..replaced the screws and that ground ring wire thing. scraped the ground for the relay change the screw..yadda yadda. I get 12 volts to the wire before the relay, I noticed the ground for the lights has turned black..like the copper of the wires have blackened somewhat. After the relay I don't get 12 at all. I'm going to guess that the relay is bad and that ground wire thats in my loom should be changed out.

(4)Rancho 9000x's

thats like 18amps. Did IPF supply the relay ? Now's a good time to upgrade. or run heavy grade wire to a good switch and ditch the relays .. And I dont mean speaker wire.

full width 44 60 driver side diff.

they supplied a wire loom thats got a relay, fuse and a nice swich..snap togather stuff. I was thinking of losing the relay and just wire it in a simple loop style circut. I can't get in touch with anyone from IPF to see about getting a new loom.

I never was a fan of offroad lighting. Always get smashed, water , or connectors fall apart.
If you want, Apply some Nolalox to all the connectors. its like a electrical connector sealer.

if you can't find Nolalox, and Di-electric grease will work.
You need a relay! I would not operate the lights with out a relay though. it is what allows you to run such a high amperage incorporated in to the factory wiring. Think of it as protection.

Back