Rear toe Hooks for 05 TJ

Frosty

RE: GUESS WHO

Ok I am a newbie and I did a search but did not find where to put tow hooks on a 05 TJ with a stock bumper. Any ideas? I have two in the front after I took the rubber bumper things off? :roll:

Toe hooks? I think my wife has one of those...nasty!
Tow hooks though. I have a 04 TJ X. From the factory it came with 2 front tow hooks attached to the stock bumper. They go ON TOP of the front bumper just above the rubber bump stops. They'll attach with two large torx head bolts each side that go through the bumper into the front frame rails.
As for the rear, their is one factory tow hook. It's just to the left of the gas tank skid plate. It attaches to the frme rail with two bolts. One of those bolts also holds on the bumper.

If you're going to use factory hooks, then I say try and snag some off e-bay. Try to get the bolts as part of the deal. That way they not only fit but are rated correctly.

This is where mine was before I got my trailer hitch put on:

image-missing.png

Very simple install - it just uses the stock bumpber bolts and bolts right to the frame.

I am not much for the factory stuff. Where did you got the one you had on yours Mud4feet? That looks like it would work ok. I have two 10.000 lbs hooks on the front. They look narly up there like they need attention.

RE: transmission help now please

It came with the Jeep when I bought it. Got me out of a mudhole when she was 6 days old. I've probably still got it laying around somewhere if you're interested - no bolts, though, but I don't think you'll need them.....I'll have to crawl under and check (she's due for an oil change anyway).

I plan on getting a trailer hitch too so maybe I just need to wait and see what happens from there. Thanks for the offer though Mud. Maybe I can find something to slide into the hitch. I am going to check out a place called Northern Tool I hear they have lots of towing stuff.

Frosty said:
I plan on getting a trailer hitch too so maybe I just need to wait and see what happens from there. Thanks for the offer though Mud. Maybe I can find something to slide into the hitch. I am going to check out a place called Northern Tool I hear they have lots of towing stuff.

Then look for one of these when you're there.
image-missing.png

About $25

Re: RE: Rear toe Hooks for 05 TJ

Yeah, good idea. I've been to a Northern Tool down here and ,yes, they have a variety of reciever shackles.

Thanks guys for all the ideas. I am just getting back in to jeeping again after 5 years with out. I got into riding motorcycles for awhile. I sold my Harley just to get me a jeep so how is that for a Jeeper?

RE: Re: RE: Just bought a 95 Cherokee Sport, what

Hey, not to hijack the thread, but if ya still got that rear hook mud I might be interested?

Nathan

I've got it somewhere, Nathan.....let me look around and find it.

RE: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!

i've seen stock yj front hooks mounted to the outside rear frame rails... works great on TJ's (bolted thru w/sleeves to keep from compressing the frame tubes) - probably wont work w/the stock rear bumper (clearance) but satisfies alot of new reg's about bolted -vs- welded extraction points (they dont like welded due to inept welders)... just my $.02

hey a suck at math too

Frosty, if you are planning on getting a hitch, simply use a hitch pin as a spot to hook the tow strap.

You need them anyways for a ball-mount. Just make sure you get one that's rated for a high enough load. That's what I always use with my Chevy, and I've pulled just about everything out of the mud...and been pulled out with it from some pretty nasty stuff!

Back