Pray, Wish me luck, Send good vibes, or What ever you do!

Tug-n-pull

Well I have come to the point that it looks like I will have to go back on the road. Jobs local are just long on work and short on pay so looks like after talking it over with Momma tug I will look for work back in the seat of a big rig. Most likely a dry van maybe a flatbed but what ever it will be on the road and shifting gears again. So as I go to look for this new on the road job send out hawever you do so the positive energy you have to help me find the right Job! I wont be around here much but I will be taken you guys on the road with me in thought. Heck I may be passing through your town! hehehe tug

Tug, I will also be going otr.....I leave monday night. I just finished up my classroom crap and will be leaving with a trainer. I will be working with schneider for 1 year, as they are the company who paid for my cdl training. I was going to drive a flat bed, but have decided to go the 53' van instead. gonna be rough on my fiance, but I gotta do what I gotta do if I want to pay the bills. good luck and be safe out there, maybe I'll see ya at a truck stop(not that I'd know it).

Best back to you out there! It is a good life if you don't mind being alone alot! Remember keep the left door shut and keep rolling that is the only way to make money out there. tug

Will do. Best of luck. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Just try make the best of it until you can do what you'd prefer. A couple of ideas for entertainment while on the road:

- Scare H2's by ridding up on them real close then honking (remind 'em they're not the biggest thing on the road). Better yet, sneak up on 'em and honk. The challenge: see if you can make 'em piss on themselves.
- Give chase and stalk little punk kids playing games on the CB...wait, was that a movie?

Good luck to you. I would like to do that myself. I love driving around and seeing new places but would hate it in the winter when the roads are bad. Some of u truck drivers are crazy and still drive 80 when the roads are covered with snow. Would scare me to death. lol

Tug, hate to hear that - makes my whining sound just like that - whining. Hope some work comes our way instead of leaving this blessed place (a new President, maybe??). I know you gotta be thankful you have the skills to provide for your family - just wish you could do it at home. Best of luck and know that we're all with ya'.

mud

God bless tug! Wont be the same without you here. Keep them wheels a turning and try to enjoy yourself!

Good vibes being sent to you Tug. I'm sure you'll still pop in from time to time. But while you are on the road, you'll be missed.

jeep90, My company uses Schneider, if you ever take a load for Furniture Row, Sofa Mart, Denver Matress, or Oak Express to Las Cruces New Mexico, ask for me, I'd certainly like to meet you. Oh yeah, my name is Ian.

Good Luck to you Tug!!!!! We sure will miss you a lot here. Just don't forget about us...And come and post here whenever you get the chance!!

Well Tug be glad you have the CDL to fall back on. I've kept mine up, and even keep an up to date DOT physical card in the wallet just in case.

At least there is good money to be made OTR.

hey tug... good luck, good weather, and good miles! - i got my start w/England out of SLC Utah - worked for them about 6 mos. b/4 coming home to vegas to drive local (deliver lumber w/45' flatbed and piggyback) be safe, be careul and watch those 4-wheelers!!! check in when you can!!!

Tug, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be around as much. As cool as the life of an otr driver can be, it is hard on a family man. That's what makes a family man though, the willingness to sacrifice in order to provide. Alot of men these days don't possess your great character that it takes to do what needs to be done. Good luck, and stay safe.

Part of a commentary from a local AM radio talk show host

Junkpile said:
Tug, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be around as much. As cool as the life of an otr driver can be, it is hard on a family man. That's what makes a family man though, the willingness to sacrifice in order to provide. Alot of men these days don't possess your great character that it takes to do what needs to be done. Good luck, and stay safe.

Nod of agreement here.

We'll miss your presence. As valueable as your time at home will be, try to pop in and say hello.

Sorry to hear you will be spending more time away from the fam. I thought for a while it might be a fun job to drive around the big rig for a while. I love driving and it would be a good way to see alot of the country. Has anyone see the discovery channel top 10 truck stops. There are some sweet ones out there. If your ever driving in New Zealand there is a sweet truck stop there with a day spa just for truckers.

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes. This means alot to me. Funny I told you guys about my plans befor I told my church family! If that tells you all anything. I do love the sound of a big turbo whinning and the feel of the road under me but getting out there and leaven the family behind is so hard. But it is doable and we need the money so Hi ho Hi ho its off t work we go!!! hehehe I paced an online app with a truckers job finder site and the offers are starting to come in now that monday morning is here and the recuiters are back at work. So I am hopeing to be back out there and driven in the next week or two. Talk about a sub culture Truckers are about as clanish and strang as Jeepers are. hehehehehe So I fit in there ok! Thanks again for the words and know your all alot more than a computer screen to me! tug

Tug I am sorry for you and Momma Tug that you have had to make this decision. I know it can't be easy but she has to be very supportive. Take care of yourself TUG, CDL drivers worry me to death with those long hours and huge rigs. I'll be thinking of you and your family and am wishing you the very best!!

Lady

Back