NJ inspection, Failed again!

Joopin

Super Moderator
Yeah, so I went down to a different inspection station, and passed all the things i FAILED for exept for the lift still. At least this guy is trying to work with me here. I am 1/2" over the legal hieght I guess, the first place said I was 2 1/2" over. He also brought up other things that I wasn't aware of... I now need MUDFLAPS, GRRRR. The first place didn't tell me this. The good news is I did pass emissions! I used some of that "Guaranteed to pass" stuff and I did pass, with flying colors! But That wasn't enough to pass the whole thing. I need to do a little brake work and LOWER the jeep a half inch. The guy was cool with me and said that airing down wouldn't work cause they check the tire pressure too.

So the only thing I can think of is put some 35s on there for a day!! Does anyone have a set I can borrow? Well I have anther 45 days to get this all straight. Until next time.

Joop

Man, that sucks (again)! I didn't think you'd get by with airing down, 'cause I knew they'd check air pressure, and to drop it enough to make that big of a change in height would have to put it below acceptible levels.....if I was closer, I'd loan you my '31s for a day......

RE: Hot brakes

I told you before. Wrap some straps around the frame and then down around the axles. Then tighten until you're half and inch lower.

But really, Hopefully you can find some different tires. If you get some that are skinn enough, you might not need mudflaps too.

I got all kinds of tires that would work, but shipping would be a killer. Some tow rig tires would be perfect....around 31-33" tall and like 8" wide at the most

RE: Clutch Rattling

Well, the third time is the charm... I have 45 days to get it figured out...

Hey Joop. You can use my 32's if you like. I'm in Cherry Hill.

Jules

RE: Need upgrade on current axle gear ratio?

Cool, I may take you up on that if I don't find something closer to my size.

I HAVE 32s, DO I HEAR 33s... 33s?!?!

I'll let you know Jules, I think your about an hour south of me... I'm near Asbury

I am looking for engine upgrade tips for a 4.2 rebuild.

No problem. Just let me know in advance and I'll put my stockers back on and have the 32's waiting for you.

Jules

i say take up the offer for the 32's... no need to go any larger, just in and out

RE: 4.0L (wa/or) 93-99

Yeah Joop, why press your luck by using 35's? Sounds like there are too many inconsistancies that these stations have. What harm in using the 32's for a day?

RE: Troubled but back in a Jeep

I've got a set of 34's you could borrow but they won't fit that new fangled wrangler of yours. I'll check around the shop and see what we can dig up for ya'.

RE: Re: RE: Large turkey sub

TwistedCopper said:
Yeah Joop, why press your luck by using 35's? Sounds like there are too many inconsistancies that these stations have. What harm in using the 32's for a day?

Well the reason being that every lifted or "high rise" vehicle needs stability papers. You must carry these with you when the truck is on the road. On the stability papers there is a list of your trucks height and tire size. The specs on the sheet and your vehicle MUST match.

Now I've been in jersey for a while, even though this is my first time getting regiestered here, cops in my area don't really bother any of the lifted trucks at all. A friend of mine has a Chevy truck with a 12" lift and 44s on it... has had it for years, never bothered. But if the cops do decide to pull me over and ask for stability papers, the 35s will visibly match my 36s better than 32s or 33s.

Oh and by the way, I found a guy that is willing to swap his 35s with me for a day. He even lives down by the inpection station I have to go to! Thanks for the offers though, I just hope the tire swap doesn't fall through, if so... then I'll be callin!!

Joop

cheap hedder

So if you had 32s when you got your papers, then decided to buy 36s... do you have to get new papers? or can you drive on the new 36s?

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Large turkey sub

Joopin said:
every lifted or "high rise" vehicle needs stability papers. You must carry these with you when the truck is on the road. On the stability papers there is a list of your trucks height and tire size. The specs on the sheet and your vehicle MUST match.

The people's republic of New Jersey :shock: Wow that is incredible!

My advice: Move to a neighboring, less communist state!!!

That's worse than emmisions testing. On that note, Did you know that 2 1/2 seconds of an eruption from a large volcano expells more "greenhouse" gasses than man has emitted in his entire existance? Government is a business and they have a monopoly :evil:

Hi,

TwistedCopper said:
That's worse than emmisions testing. On that note, Did you know that 2 1/2 seconds of an eruption from a large volcano expells more "greenhouse" gasses than man has emitted in his entire existance?

So? While this may be true, don't ignore all the other bad aspects of having gobs of emissions comming from millions of tailpipes in our country alone.

For example, our health. I don't know about you guys, but quite frequently when I drive my wrangler or Cherokee with the soft top down or the windows all opened up (I have no A/C), and I come to a stop at a busy intersection, I'm nearly gagging on exhaust fumes from all the cars around me. Even if you don't actively notice the smells of exhaust, you are still breathing in a lot of what cars emit -- toxic gasses. Thankfully I don't suffer from asthma, but more and more people do and will continue to suffer from it and other health issues down the road if we don't clean up our act.

I could go on, but I don't want this to turn into a long rant. My point to make here is that even if you don't give a shit about our environment regarding things like green house gasses and global warming (sadly the way many people think), there are still other ways in which reducing or eliminating emissions from cars helps us all. Period.

-Nick :!:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: distribuer out of synch?

we can say shit now?!?!?

what other dirty words can i say? :roll: :roll:

Ah, true, Nick, but another greenhouse gas is methane.....and you know where that comes from, right? So, what's next, catalytic converters in our shorts?

RE: need a little help

Why not just take a couple PSI out of the tires, thats what I used to do when I had the 38's on my blazer. I was about a inch over so I just brought it down to about 15 psi in all 4 tires and I would make it. I also had Bi-ply's so they would have a lot more give than your radials, but worth a try! also think about loading the jeep up with a lot of weight!

Back