New ride and Jeep update pics

bryanjeep

I had to break down and sell my POS Nissan and get something reliable for all the commuting I do. It is a 2005 Scion TC. I love it.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Jeep update...
Temporarily bolted Waggy Dana 44 to the front just to move the Jeep to the other side of the driveway. Someone is coming over this weekend to possibly buy that Dana 44. As soon as that axle is sold, I am going to go look at the Dana 44 from an F-250.

I am sandblasting the fenders, grille, and the hood so I can paint them black.

I finally grinded the old motor mounts off and wire wheeled the entire front frame and cleaned it with acetone. I painted it black.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

How are you going to go about to get the full width axle to fit on there?

new car looks nice. very sporty!

Carb.

More than likely I will have to buy a bluetorchfab kit. I have no fabrication skills so I will have to leave it up to them.

I usually say imports, but I generaly mean ricers (fart can exhaust, decals, salad bar wings, ground effects, obnoxious sound systems, nitrous oxide, ornamental fire extinguisher, any engine with the number one before the decimal place ex... 1.3 L, etc)

Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of imports in general, but there is no American car out there that is reliable, looks nice, and in my price range.

My heart still burns for an F-250 :mrgreen:

RE: new rock garden = fun and damage

Both look very nice! Buying a brand new car AND building up that Jeep...I a very jealous of you!!

RE: Anybody have an Extra Wrangler in Oregon or Washington??

I have no fabrication skills

Bryan, I find that hard to believe. You're in the middle of an axle swap, engine/trans swap, and a SOA.......if you didn't have any fab skills before, you've had to have learned some by now! I guess equipment plays a big part in it, but I have no doubt that you could handle it.

RE: 1993 Transfer Case Help

ya, If you have the equipement, or can get a hold of it, I'd say learn to make it work yourself.

It doesn't seem like you have a very near deadline for this to be finished, so I say take the time to learn!!

Ok, I guess I have some skills. I repeat, some skills. Not having the eqipment plays a mojor role in things too. You know how it is. It just gets really aggravating after awhile seeing your Jeep in pieces for so long.
Junkpile, send me pics of your projects. I have never seen your Jeeps.

Next time I'm at the storage "barn" where the CJ is stored right now, I'll drag it out and take some pictures of my Jeep in pieces for you :lol: I've got a couple of paper pics of some of my past Jeeps, but I have to have them converted to digital so I can post them. I was going to post some pics of my YJ one time, but the lady at the print shop said it would cost $10 a piece to scan them and put them on a disc. My TJ is a future project and the WJ is bone stock too, so there isn't much excitement there. I do have the fullsize conversion done on the CJ though, Ill get you some pics of that too. Maybe you can use it as a reference when you do yours.

RE: 4 wheeler on tv now

man i kno your on pirate from time to time, just look there! there are so many full sized wranglers there and how tos its not even funny. just the main thing with spring and shackle hangers is just to bring it away from the frame and brace the heck outa it

Re: RE: Sorry XJ

I did the same, bought a Subaru Outback Wagon. It's amazing how the other side lives, I almost forget it needs gas because it's soooo long between tank fills. :D

Back