new carb, now got a problem

burton

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I shimmie

i installed the motorcraft 2100 conversion in my cj7. I test fired it and it fired up without a problem. Once I continued the install, putting on the accelerator and what not, the engine wouldnt fire. I thought I shorted something out because there was a weak/no spark at the coil. So I went thought the harness between the coil and the ignition module but havent found anything melted or out of place. Im not sure if i got a bad ignition module but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything or if anyone has had this problem. Im just hoping you guys can help before I go with a painless wiring harness, new ignition module, and distributor. By the way I replaced the coil, coil wire, and distributor cap recently.

burton said:
i installed the motorcraft 2100 conversion in my cj7. I test fired it and it fired up without a problem. Once I continued the install, putting on the accelerator and what not, the engine wouldnt fire. I thought I shorted something out because there was a weak/no spark at the coil. So I went thought the harness between the coil and the ignition module but havent found anything melted or out of place. Im not sure if i got a bad ignition module but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything or if anyone has had this problem. Im just hoping you guys can help before I go with a painless wiring harness, new ignition module, and distributor. By the way I replaced the coil, coil wire, and distributor cap recently.

I'd make sure your wires going to your coil are ok and then check the ign module. The duracrap modules are known for problems.

RE: high beams work, low beams won

Just a guess did you connect the power wire to the Electric Choke thermostat? If you forgot it and left it short to the block somewhere it could cause just enough power drain if not fused.

RE: Best lift to get?

derff- im putting a manuel choke on the carb so i left the electric choke hanging off. If that did short out how would I go about fixing it all?????????

i need help with this bad i dont want to have to take it to a garage and piss away money please help!!!

Back