lift kits

rpetenintyeight

hello Iam new to the jeep thing I biught a 95 yj about two mounths ago and Now I just bought another 95 yj two days ago,mmmmy qustion is the last jeep I bought had a 2" body lift on it I like The look of it but I have been researching some of the jeep sites. what I am woundering is the body lift good for everyday use as well as off road or should I look into a suspension lift, and what kind. I would like to go about 2" or 3" and bigger tires

my $.02 - go suspension - more $$$ but better in the long run and no chance of the body(tub) shifting- oh and for lifts NO PRO-COMP!!!!!!!! (trust me from experience on my last YJ) Pro-Comp + good looks but almost ZERO flex - i really recommend the Hellcreek lift i have clears the 33x12.5 BFG M/T's well if you go w/hellcreek remember - 4" ONLY!!!!!! (important note!)

I dont know about Hellcreek lifts but LVrockcrawler seems to know what he is talking about. If you do decide on that and need tires also, go to www.tirepackage.com They are the cheapest place i have found and ship very quickly.

Rubicon Express 4.5" for my YJ, plennty o flex, great price, I researched a long time - they had the best deal, customer service, and they are there at the other end of an 800 numnber. Not a call center, felt like I was calling hthis guys house!

my .02

check out the rusty kit, thats what i got and have had no problems but a broken shim.

seems its easier to find out what NOT to buy.... heard good things about both the RE and rustys... like i said = easier to find what to avoid....

Back