JEEP WAVE

Still under the newbie hat, i must say that this type of behavior is embarassing to read. i can see you guys actually fighting over this if we were on the trail. is this what this site is all about?? 'My jeep is better than your jeep""?

Please, less testosterone and more mechanical insight.

By the way, i wave and don't get pissed when there's no return. i just know that the driver is saying to himself, '' do i know that guy???

lighten up guys, we're her to help eachother.[addsig]

My 89 yj is mostly stock but making the gradual change as I can afford things, Wave all the time and get waves too! Sometimes a girl in a jeep will wave when the wife is with me, she says" hey what the &%%@ are you waving at her for. I finally explained the jeep thing to her and now she waves all the time. P.S. my jeep thinks it's a big jeep, I try to get stuck every chance I get. I take backroads to work,30 mins. longer but way more fun. Got my big tires on order. :-D :-D :-D :-D :cool: [addsig]

DUDE RELAX...IF I EVER SEE YOU I'LL WAVE OK!!!! REAL JEEPS ARE BOUGHT NOT BUILT......I'M REALLY LAZY.... :evil: [addsig]

im sorry to have to admit i do not wave, there are maybe 4 or 5 lifted jeeps that i know of in my area, if i saw them on a daily basis id wave for sure, however i dont. the remaining 400 jeeps in my city are driven by people who dont know what 4 lo is and would probably be so distracted by me waving that they'd crash their jeep into a pole. and too one dude saying waving is gay? thats gay that you feel the need to say that, i wish i had a bigger wave following in my city but i dont. and je420ep, you're a little punka$$ who needs to learn a thing or to before opening his mouth. what kinda jeep do you even have man? i wanna hear what you've got if its so mighty and grand. time to step up girlie[addsig]

In my town we all wave to one another, but most xj's don't seem to wave back. Dunno why.[addsig]

no jeep waves here. maybe i'll try it sometime when i'm bored? i have a feeling most people around here would be confused if i waved (and possibly wave back because they think they should know me and can't rememeber me, so they do it out of politeness). :-? [addsig]

nobody should be able to buy a jeep without taking a course on the jeeping lifestyle[addsig]

DUDE RELAX...IF I EVER SEE YOU I'LL WAVE OK!!!! REAL JEEPS ARE BOUGHT NOT BUILT......I'M REALLY LAZY.... :evil:

Uhhh dude isnt that supposed to be the other way around? as in " Real Jeeps are built, not bought" Or it the "Im real lazy" part supposed to signify that you are too lazy to build yours? :-? :lol: [addsig]

You definitely repair and rebuild jeeps! As they get older as in my case you wear out parts all the time and it just makes sence to upgrade as you go. So true a jeep is built not bought. Some parts are fun to see bite the big one. I need new bushings all most everywhere now. This just gives me a reason to replace them with greeseable Urathane Bushings where possible and and just urathane every where else. But sence I will have parts off to do this it only makes sence to replace some of them as I go. Waited all winter and have had nothing but time to plan. Gathered information from so may of you and now just need dollars to pay to play. Fun fun fun. Tug
[addsig]

I never said that my jeep was so great and big. I also never said anything about the performce of a stock jeep. I saw a pic of tugs jeep and i hate people that think thay know everything.

By the way: 1990yj 2.5l , 4.5 RE extreme duty , 33's BFG KM"S , 4.88 front and rear , ARB , KJS quick dis , Clifford header , flow master , k and n filter , flex a lite fan , master craft seats , full roll cage , 1 inch body , and there might be more but who cares right.

Real jeeps are built not bought! :-O

edited by: JE420EP, Mar 23, 2003 - 06:59 PM[addsig]

Sorry tug i am sure your a good guy. Sometimes i just need to rase hell.:evil:

edited by: JE420EP, Mar 23, 2003 - 07:00 PM[addsig]

just drove to pamama city during spring break and passed dozens of great rides - most piloted by ladies ;-) and you know what? i think i'm way over this waving thing. did it a couple of times just for kicks, then felt rather dorkey, 'hey, here i am, say hi back'

kinda like swatting at flies. . .

anyone really do this??[addsig]

Most of the jeepers in my area don't wave. It's a respect thing, one jeeper to another. I respect all jeepers. Some more then others. All the jeeps in my area that don't wave are guys who were suits and ties and have stocks jeeps. The only dirt his jeep has seen is when he has parked it on his lawn. So wave to your fellow jeeper, it won't hurt because some day you might need help from that jeeper. :evil: [addsig]

kinda like swatting at flies. . .

anyone really do this??

:lol: yes people really do this. Around here (The north Eastern part of Maryland) Id say about 70% of all C, Y & Tj owners wave back. :-D Can't seem to get any other Jeep owners other than them to wave.[addsig]

cultured in jersey :-O , i'm used to such freindliness as you mentioned in md. also thought that sunny fla would have even more hello's.

i like your respect comment. recall that the wave was originally a behavior to let the other approaching that you had no weapon in your hand.

at least, that's what i learned on tv.[addsig]

Back