Help: steering arm

Dixie Dog

I have a 90 with 4" sus lift and 2" body lift. Recently mt steering arm came loose. Trying to get it put back in it seems to be to short. It is bottomed out as far as length goes. Is it bc of the body lift? What have yall done that have body lifts?

The only steering component affected by a body lift is the steering shaft between the steering column and the steering box.

Which steering component are you referring to?

You say it's too short yet you say it's bottomed out, that sounds contradictory.

If it was connected before it came loose and nothing else has changed, it should go back on. It's possible the slip section of the shaft is seized.

When i say its bottomed out i mean its stretched to its limit. It does go back together but its just the bushing in the sleeve. There is still about an inch for the bushing to slide into the sleeve. There is nothing for it to hold it from just being able to turn the wheel and the wheels doing nothing.

I'm not quite following your description of the problem, hard to deduce what bushing you're referring to. Are you able to post pics?

If it worked before coming loose and nothing else has changed, sounds like it's shot. If you had the body lift prior to the problem and it worked fine, sounds like something on the shaft is broken.

Post your pics here, there'll be more helpful folks that can see your setup.

Back