Good junkyard day

superj

Got a set of Rockford fosgate speakers 3x5ish, a set of boss audio marine 5 1/4, a set of pioneer 6x9, and a set of Jensen 5 1/4 speakers. Also got a set of Cherokee 3" lift springs, a hood support holder, Cherokee exterior door handles in chrome, cup holder and factory under seat toolbox for the Chevy truck.

Speakers we 15 bucks a set
Lift springs were 30 bucks
Cup holder was 5 bucks
Under seat tool box was 5 bucks
Door handles were 10 bucks for the set

We found a 2" lift on another Cherokee and a couple full sets of a different models of stock Cherokee aluminum rims and also some 20" rims for the truck. Also found two brush guards for the truck and two Cherokees with perfect headliners.

We will have to go back for one of the headliners and a set of rims for the Cherokee and maybe the 20s for the Chevy. It's not often you find a full set of matching rims for my old Chevy truck that aren't God awful ugly monstrosities. Maybe they are still there because they aren't the "blingy" crap some people get now a days?

But anyways, it was a great jeep junkyard day.

I had similar luck yesterday . A favorite junkyard in Middletown NY a friend took me to since he needed a couple of ford van parts had a cj7 carcass . It was an ex-snow plow and I picked some parts off for my '80 cj5 . I didn't truly need a whole windshield frame since I can tack weld and smooth out a couple of tiny pin holes near the gasket. The rest is solid. My glass has an imperfection on it but will pass a safety inspection. The CJ 7 glass is supreme and the frame is as well . No way I was going to leave that gem behind ! Scored a tilt column too ! Took the whole dash for good measure and the two front complete turn signal lights . Was going to pull the front grille but my bill came to $400 and I decided I had broke the bank and quit at the six cylinder fan shroud . No radiator or I would asked for them to hold it for me. I may go back for the grille but I know I'm being greedy since my grille is mint. The tub is completely wasted. The AMC 20 is still there as is the D30 front . The SR-4 and D300 are still there too but the owner wants a kings ransom for the drivetrain . The front shaft was dropped and I know it wasn't front the fork lift . I swear , if I had the capital and another chassis , I'd try to broker a deal . He couldn't sell the chassis , it's deemed salvage and he said he couldn't allow it to be re-titled . Shame , the front clip was fair and I know where a fiberglass cj7 tub is . Needs repair but but should still be structurally sound. Got to start working overtime . There's CJ parts to be gotten !

dang,  i haven't seen a cj or wrangler in our junkyard in over a year.  thats cool yours had one with so much good stuff on it.<br><br>i have to do my wrangler windshield.  its getting rusty form living so close to the beach

I know the feeling , the beach is right down the block from me. Fearing the salt in the air will do its deed to my newly acquired CJ. Got to take measures to preserve it with the proper POR 15 rust preventative products. Keeping it at my dads house until I can make accommodations at my house . That was a real find. It was the ONLY. CJ there and they don't ever see them. You know I had to scarf up the goodies since they were primo and hard to find and original quality . Was in a rush that day but I think I actually did see a YJ if I remember right . My friend dosen't know jeeps too well ( not a jeep guy , can't drive stick either ) but if he goes up in the next two weeks before I can go with him , I'll ask if it was a YJ. I just remember a blue jeep with a fiberglass cap that I couldn't use for my CJ so I just passed it . Now that I think of it , I meant to look back before leaving for its condition and we were getting thrown out early since the yard guys wanted to cut out. I know it wasn't a TJ since the yard had NONE of them . Will ask him if he goes.

Last edited:

i think i am good on parts for my wrangler, thank you.

hopefully my son's cherokee comes back from the window place today and we can do the exhaust work. once that is done, its off for inspection and it can stay outisde while my wrangler goes in the garage. that will make it so i can work on it more.

Glad to hear all is going well . Looking forward to your wrangler getting back in shape too. Hope to find some $$ so I can get something done if the weather hold . Been mild and perfect for outdoor work . If nothing else , got to get it set for storage until spring and then I'll begin planning for frame anti corrosion treatment and under body too. Got to repair the two holes first . Hope to do the junkyard crawl again before winter hits . We'll see . Your most welcome.

Back