Engine for my yj

dodgetk81

I am new to this site, so I may be asking a question that has been asked many times but,
I have an 89 wrangler with no engine trans or x fer case. I am looking for guideance. I am a mopar man through & through so the 350 chevy is out. I was thinking about a 360 from a grand wagoneer. Would this drivetrain work? I would like to use the engine trans and x fer case as a unit. Has this or can this be done? My 2nd choice would be a 318 or 360 dodge engine. What are my choices for drivelines with the dodge engine. Thanks for the help.
Don
[addsig]

they used to put 401's in cj's why couldn't it be done. I've seen a 318 in a yj it's just as tight as a 350. The drive train can all be put in from another vehicle, you will just need custom drive shafts. Good luck and happy hunting..
[addsig]

At the shop I work at, we just got done putting a '99 5.2, from a grand cherokee into a 98 TJ. It fit kinda tight, but all in all it went in rather easily. I believe all the parts are readily available rither from parts houses or the dealer. We also used the trans. and trans case from the GC. That helped.
[addsig]

Back