Chrysler can suck it...

Mooseknuckles

SOOOOOOOOOOO, I get a call from the dealership's body shop manager today. I was planning to drop the Jeep off there sometime in the next week or so to get a rust-thru problem solved. My windshield frame is beginning to rust out, and in the process it cracked the hell out of my windshield. I made my first trip to the dealer on the 2nd of February, and found out my warranty was going to expire in less than a month. I got it in just in time, so shouldn't be a problem. Jeep has zero rust aside from the windshield, and he makes a note of this.

After almost a month of waiting, he tells me that Chrysler has denied my warranty claim, possibly because the adjuster was dragging his feet a little bit to wait out my warranty. So, tomorrow, I'm gonna call the 800 number he gave me and ream somebody a new one.

Yeah...that's b.s. Ford done the same thing to me when the IDM went out on my F-250. I was 15,000 under my 100,000 miles. I called the dealership, gave them my VIN and manager says "yep, still under warranty" I paid to have it towed there, and an hour later got a call and was out of time by about 2 weeks. Funny how once it was towed there and stuck on thier lot the story changed. I went off, got diagnostics for free and found it was the IDM, AND it was ONLY gonna cost $985 to get it fixed. The next day I ordered one off the net ($300) got the IDM in and went down to the dealership, and spoke with the mechanic on the process of the change. THEN had the guys in the shop push it out to the McDonalds lot next door, and had it changed in about 20 minutes. Saved $700, and that was after he was gonna "cut me a break" on the labor. To say the least, they have never got my, or anyone I knows business again. So I feel ya. They suck. Do you have any proof of when they first looked at it? Surely there's a work order around there with a date. (probably hit a shredder already) Anyways I feel better for venting. LAter!

The guy at the dealership actually is gonna email me all the stuff from the first day I walked in, pictures and all. His attitude was that it was basically BS, and he would obviously appreciate the work. Pretty much 100% Chrysler screwing with me on this, the dealership is actually really cool. Plus they like me because I keep recommending friends with good credit to buy there.

Seems to me with all of the financial problems that Chrysler has had and all of the bad press that they would not want the bad press. However having worked for and with Chrysler in service for a while, I know that they are tightening up on warranty claims something fierce. Good luck and keep at them. When it comes to dealing with the manufacturers, persistance pays off. Keep going up the ladder if you have too!

Just ask for a meeting with the district service manager when he visits the dealership the next time. If he does not want to mess with it he will give the OK to fix the problem. At least you can talk to someone who works for the factory.

They denied my claim because the rust perforation warranty applies to body panels, and they don't consider the windshield frame a part of that. I'm calling BS, because the windshield frame is every bit as removable as any other part of the body on a TJ. It's not part of the frame, it's certainly not part of the rollcage. What's that leave, the drivetrain? I don't think that applies, so WTF would you call it?

Edit: I was told they would get back to me within one business day, after the phone jockey speaks with his supervisor. Probably just trying to wear me down some, but I'm not gonna let up on this ****.

Can't says I blame ya, I be right on em too. Always remember that the sweaky wheel gets the grease.:shades:

keep it up man!!!! they sure won't do anything for the liberty owners so hopefully you can get something out of them

Yeah, that's crap Moose. I can't believe they are saying the windshield cowl is not part of the body. Keep on them. Get crazy, yell, scream, threaten to kill a puppy. Maybe the threat of a letter in the local paper?

People still read the paper? Heh....

Chrysler seemed to think my warranty claim was regarding my windshield, I had to explain to three different people that it was the windshield FRAME. Now, granted, the rusted frame ruined my windshield, so I'm trying to get that replaced as well, but still... I'm making progress.

JUST GOTTA LOVE THE MERRY GO ROUND PROCESS!!!!

TRY CALLIN TOM MARTINO HE DONT GIVE UP TILL YOUR PROBLEMS SOLVED

OR EVEN YOUR LOCAL NEWS DEALERS HATE BAD REVIEWS IT KILLS THERE SALES:shades:

BETTER YET JUST BLAME OBOMA:p

Moose I feel for you and wish you the best of luck in getting the warranty work done. You did bring up a good point for their side of this argument. On a YJ,TJ,LJ I can see DCX easily making the claim the windshield frame is part of the roll cage. Afterall it is used essentially as a front hoop albeit fairly weak, but none the less the cage is directly connected to it. May not want to bring that point up in conversation with them.

If you've ever seen a good Jeep wreck, you'll know for damn sure that the sport bars and windshield have nothing to do with the roll cage.

No progress since a couple days ago, gonna call them here in a little bit and rattle the cage a little further. I'm going on vacation in less than three weeks, so this needs to be dealt with.

Post us some pics of the rust if you get a chance. You live near the ocean? or snow land?

Pics!

DSC00764-1.jpg

DSC00765-1.jpg

The paint looks like crap in these pics, since it's covered in salt. Not being able to run it through a car wash has been killing me. Finally got warm enough to run it through the self-wash yesterday, she's shining like showroom new again.

there are a number of wranglers with that same rust here

Back