Chrysler can suck it...

SUCCESS!!! Got a call from Chrysler yesterday, they're replacing my windshield frame AND my windshield. MOOSE FOR THE WIN.

SWEET!!!!! great deal man, its not everyday that auto companies do the right thing, unfortunately.

Still Jeepless! It was supposed to be done yesterday, dealer calls me today to tell me it won't be done til Monday... lame, but they're putting me in a loaner, at least.

Something with a Hemi, perhaps? :D

If it's got a 2.4 Turbo, then it should be a manual DMT6 trans. The non turbo 2.4 uses a T-355 manual or a CVT Auto trans. CVT transmission is the most simple design trans. and it takes some getting used to on it's torque transfer between the pulleys.

It was the 1.8 :(

Got the Jeep back Monday night, and when she got up to 35mph, the wind noise was incredible. The hardtop's on right, but I think they missed a gasket or something. Took it right back, they're super cool about it, I'm gonna drop it off on Thursday before I go on vacation. These guys keep screwing little stuff up, they're always very good about taking care of it, though.

I'm in the hands of very well-meaning idiots.

not directly a Jeep, my primary driver is a Black Ford Panel Van "The Oven" A few years back the manual 3+1 OD manual transmission was binding in reverse, so I took it to our local Aamco for a rebuild. These transmissions are few and far between these days, and I really liked the overdrive feature. Got it back and after the first 200 miles it reverted back to binding up in reverse. I was told that the problem lay in the floor shifter. So, got a Hearst floor shifter and grafted it to the bracket, but the result was the same. Eventually I got a rubber floor mat (on account of Oregon's climate) and fabricated a wooden drift to smack the shifting arms with to break it loose, on the occasions when it would bind up.
Thoroughly disgusted with Aamco and the apathy of the crew/local management, I vowed never to give them any business ever again and advised my friends of the same.
Over a year later I received an Email offer from Aamco Corporate about some offer they had on serveing transmissions. I blew my top and sent them a diplomatic but firey email back about the shoddy service I received. To my great surprise, the following day a corporate rep. called me and asked my location, put me on hold for a couple of minutes, and when he returned he said; "Take your van back to the local shop and we'll do a warranty service" (even though two years + had passed). He went on to say that the former manager and staff had been canned and that he had personally called the new staff to advise I would be showing up. The following day I took it back in and was couteously greeted and they went to work on it that afternoon. The following day I got a call from them that they found one of the shifting gates was missing. :rolleyes:
But, true to their word, it was repaired and to this day it's working fine. Good to see in this day and age that SOME companies care.

Last edited:
So I left the Jeep with the dealership while I was on vacation, and they couldn't get it fixed in 11 days? UGH. The manager says he'll call me when he gets word on the part. It's been a week, no word. I'll call him tomorrow, I guess. If I wasn't dealing with this bull****, I'd have the soft top on already...

Back