Canuck Jeep

HD61CUIN

I have a question regarding a 99 Sahara that was built in Canada and imported to the US by a dealership before I purchased it. The jeep has daytime running lights, half the power of the regular lts. I am looking to disable this annoying feature. I have found nothing in the manual regarding disabling this. My local Jeep dealer has never seen this before.
[addsig]

I didn't know they made Jeeps in Canada. Oh Well, the only thing i can think of is to follow the wiring from the fog lights and see where it starts and disconnect it.
[addsig]

the daytime running lights (drl) is hooked through fuse 11. The only problem is that the solenoid is on the same fuse so your battery will not charge if you pull it. The drl has it's own module and the wires can be traced from there. The best thing to do is to get a Haynes manual at your local auto parts store. It's for a wrangler 87-02 and the wiring diagrams are listed in section 12. check it out and go from there. If you can't find them there check out top 4x4 they always have an add for these in the corner. Should run you about $30.00 and worth it's weight in gold. More info then most should have about there vehicle. Good Luck

EastCoastOffRoad
[addsig]

Well the fellas over at jeepaholic helped me out. There is a module located on the firewall towards the drivers side. Unplugging that module disabled the headlights from coming on in a dim mode.[addsig]

Back