brake light problem

riverratba

when my lights are on my left tail light is dimmer then the right. when i back up and hit my brakes the backup light goes dim and sometimes completely out, as soon as i let off the brake the backup light gets brighter but not as bright as the passenger side light. any help would be appreciated!

Check all the grounds especially on the rear lighting harness.

thanks steelheadz, i'll do that. seems like i have a problem with one light or the other every time it rains. my signal lights act up every time it rains. soon as it drys up they work fine

Maybe your covers are kinda loose and water may be getting in. Have you checked to make sure the bulb isn't loose.

Here's the pinout's on the Reverse lamp switch and brake switch. I also found the schematic diagrams related to what you need as reference. I hope this helps.

Note: Automatic transmission uses the TRS(trans. Range sensor) to turn on the backup lamps.

BACKUP LAMP SWITCH (M/T) - BLACK 2 WAY

CAVCIRCUITFUNCTION1F102 20PK/DBFUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN)2L1 20WT/LGBACK-UP LAMP FEED
LEFT REAR LAMP ASSEMBLY - 4 WAY

CAVCIRCUITFUNCTION1L1 20WT/LG (EXCEPT EXPORT)BACKUP LAMP FEED1L63 18DG/RD (EXPORT)LEFT TURN/STOP SIGNAL2L63 18DG/RD (EXCEPT EXPORT)LEFT TURN/STOP SIGNAL2L1 20WT/LG (EXPORT)BACKUP LAMP FEED3L7 18WT/YL (EXCEPT EXPORT)HEADLAMP SWITCH OUTPUT3L50 18WT/TN (EXPORT)BRAKE LAMP SWITCH OUTPUT4L62 18BR/RD (EXCEPT EXPORT)RIGHT TURN/STOP SIGNAL4L7 18WT/YL (EXPORT)HEADLAMP SWITCH OUTPUT

Attachments

• rear lamps 06  TJ 3 turn.gif
    rear lamps 06 TJ 3 turn.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 102
  • rear lamps 06 TJ.gif
    rear lamps 06 TJ.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 91
  • rear lamps 06 TJ 2.gif
    rear lamps 06 TJ 2.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 87
  • rear lamps 06 TJ.1.gif
    rear lamps 06 TJ.1.gif