Boston Dictionary

I al,ways thought a brown Egg was just that. An egg that has a brown shell. ya get them from Hens (this has been mentioned earlier) :) I grew up with a family that had their own personal Chicken yard. Nothing BIG about 20 chickens/hens and a Rooster.

Brown Egg's now this post is funny! Eggs of color are not at all uncommon unless you are a city folk or a younger folk. Haveing grown up in the country along time ago, a small bit of knowledge speaking, there are reasons for brown egg's and location has nothing to do with it, Some eggs are green, yellow even light blue depending on the breed of the chicken. Roade Island Red'd lay a nice large Brown egg and so do the Dommineckers. The general buying public prefer the clean looking white egg that has less flavor and yoke color. This is the reason for the super market typical egg. Sorry Laura You can clame the bread and the beans and the tea party but the eggs belong to the chickens of the world. tug

CB to Ponder.

Eat 'n Park (kind of like a Pennsylvania specific Denny's or Friendly's) has brown bread...and it's can shaped. It always has raisins in it though. I wonder if the Boston brown bread was the inspiration behind it.

Tug-n-pull, LOL! :lol: Hey, thats just how I was brought up! I remember a commercial that had that saying. When I talk to family from FL, they have never heard of brown eggs. I don't get out of New England much so I really wouldnt know what other states have.

I have always lived in MA, basically the same town, too. I don't travel much, I'm afraid of flying, even prior to 9/11, so, I drive where I go, and I just dont get out much.

I'll take the beans even though I don't really like them. The tea, well taxation with out reprsentation. Paul Revere. Bunker Hill. The Cape. MarshVegas (thats where I live). Even Lynn, Lynn the city of sin. Oh, and the brown bread, I didn't really know that others don't have brown bread.

Main bearings?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH @ Laura

(Gadget clutches his chest feeling a "pump alarm" coming on.)

Laura, you are too much!!! -- and I hope you never change.

But...that soopamarket brown Vs. white egg thing is the craziest myth I've ever heard. Everybody knows that, generally speaking, white eggs come from the white feathered breeds of chickens and brown eggs come from the red feathered breeds of chickens. This has been true ever since a Boston monk named Mendel was successful in getting his laws passed by the Massachusetts Legislature. That happened in 1784.

Rhode Island Reds, for example, lay brown eggs, but I won't buy those eggs because I won't eat nothing that came from a Communist chicken.

To nameless others and others who shall remain nameless: (Wink) Gadget will admit to not always being the sharpest knife in the drawer during biology class, but he knows that eggs of any color come only from hen chickens. That is because, AND I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP, a hen is the female edition of a chicken.

Roosters, most often the male edition of chickens, are otherwise employed. They keep busy by crowing, scratching, checking out the chicks <cough>, being henpecked, working out, strutting their stuff, protecting their flock from itinerant roosters and just being all-around show-offs.

Egg-Beaters, contrary to the popular myth, do not come from the Cruel Farmers Co-Op. Egg-Beaters come from a small milk carton.

I prefer my Egg-Beaters over easy.

Gadget

LOL just what I was gunna say.

Pot, meet Kettle
Kettle, meet Pot.

Thank you, Thank you! I will NEVER change. The way I look at it is, If I had fun today, I should have MORE fun tomorrow.

I like to have fun, laugh, be silly, I'm a child at heart, always has been always will be. Nothing bothers me. Make fun of me, put supa glue on my seat, I will laugh with you laughing at me. :D

I have nothing to loose..I just want to have fun. No stress.

I just had to split the thread, major hijack and was getting too long and too difficult to follow two conversations. 2 too many twos :lol:

Keep it up, I'm learning a lot about the east coast :wink:

TwistedCopper said:
LauraBoston,

You're post is really making me miss home. My wife has no idea what brown bread or american chop suey is. :cry: My son has never said "wicked" or seen the Big Green Monsta. I guess I need to pack the family up and book it up there to see my Dad! I love it here in Baltimore but miss Mass.

TC

I missed this post.

I feel for you son. No Green Monsta, or wicked. You defintally need to pack up the fam and come up...it's gettin cold. You were from the Cape right? I'v got family "down the Cape"...Sandwitch

You crazy Bostonians. I will try the brown bread, but I need to find one of those cans. You've all peaked my curiosity.

Gadget, I've said it before and I'll say it again (much love intended) you gotta a lotta time dude! But yet again you had me rolling! :lol:

I also didn't know American Chop Seuy was a MA thing. Man that stuff is wicked good. What about Cape Cod potato chips, personally I don't like them.

We also have "The Big Dig" I just want to thank everybody in the Country for making it eaiser for ME (people south of Boston) to get into the city.

We gut the T. Which is a subway, but if you come here, don't take the Green Line, cuz it smells like piss.

The traffic. If you come to Boston, make sure you have road rage, because for sure all other drivers around do. We will cut you off, with no signal, and then give you the finger...its great!!

Boston you're my home!

People down here don't bother with the finger. They simply hit your car, explain they have no insurance, mumble something in spanish then go back to Mexico.

Most of the bad drivers are from there, we refer to them as "Fronchies." Stands for, Frontier Chihuahua as indicated by their license plates.

In Denver, where I lived for 3 years, they aren't bad drivers because they are aggressive, but rather they drive like a bunch of "blue hairs." (blue hairs=old people) A 65mph speed limit to those mullet wearing people means drive 45mph. I am happy to be out of Denver.

Cali (northern), better drivers, but tooo many of them. In SF where I am from however, few people drive. Most commute using BART (subway) or Muni (other subway) or Bus system.

LauraBoston said:
What about Cape Cod potato chips, personally I don't like them.
Boston you're my home!

When I was a kid, we got chips delivered to our door (I forget the company) on the Cape. I wonder if they still do that. They were definately better than the CCPC co.

TC

is't ccpc and cape cod chips the same thing? I used to live in the city of sin! Not las vegas but Lynn Ma, tough place! What else do we have:

Soda, not tonic or pop
Any word that ends in a R change it to a AH and you have part of our lingo! Like coors light is pronounced Coahs light!

Park the car in Harvard Yard is-
pahk the cah in havahd yahd Our R's sound like H's

Does anyone else call the place you buy beer the packie?
How about a sub (the sandwich) called a grinda?

here in western ny... we drink pop, not soda... we eat suckers, not lollipops... we eat subs, no hoagies, grinders, etc... They are called "wings", not "buffalo wings"... any Anti-Buffalo Bill's fan is a public enemy (me)... and a 36" overnight snowfall is not a reason to stay off the roads

I was just thinking about the differences between Mass & MD. I used to go to a restuarant and eat Lobstah smothahd in buttah. Now I go downeyOcean hon and eat steamed crebs & beer (not beah). I used to think of crebs (crabs) as cockroaches of the sea, but man what these folks do with 'em down here with old bay seasoning is incredible. Another thing, I had shrimp cooked more ways than Bubba could recall, but never had I eaten them steamed with onions & old bay 'til I came down Bawlmer. That's good stuff!

Back