body lifts and hockey pucks

Stacking three pucks is just ridiculous, that adds a LOT of leverage to the body mount, and the pucks will shift on one another, thus causing your problems. I'd only do it for 1" for that extra little tire clearance.[addsig]

ok i believe i have the solution. we have all been talking about more than 1 puck, bounty is arguing the durability of ONLY 1. so we are both correct. ill admit 1 will be very unlikely to break, however ive seen 3 break. so we can establish that it is unsafe to use more than one, also impractical due to their tendency to break in colder weather. the moral of this post is, use 1 otherwise you could experience problems.[addsig]

Ask any reputable shop and they'll all tell you it's unsafe and not worth doing.

The owner of the local 4x4 shop has a three inch hockey puck lift. I asked him about it and he said he wouldn't recommend doing it yourself if you haven't done it before, and he wouldn't install one for anyone either. Too many things could go wrong.[addsig]

Hahahahahehehehehe, that just proves my point :lol: . By him using it, it's as if he knows it works, he just won't do it for anybody because the profit from the product markup is not there.[addsig]

All shops are not willing to risk their reputation to make money. Some, like Enron did and the list is endless.

Skepticism is healthy; trying to save money is healthy. Drinking antifreeze to save money on beer because you don't want to pay the tavern's mark-up will make you go blind.

So, let's just wire everything together, Mac Giver
[addsig]

Back