Best locker for the front of a TJ

barlows

My TJ is a daily driver, but I like to go when I can. Looking for options for a locker on the front.

I see that an EZ Locker can be had for about $240. Do you think it would give me heartache on the street? The price seems right, I just want to make sure it's not a mistake.

Also, I've got the factory limited slip diff in the rear, and it seems to work fairly well. Any opinions either way on just leaving it alone and concentrating on the front?

Thanks again,
Steve

I'd leave the rear alone, I've seen the factory limited slip do great with up to 33" tires. 35" tires seem a bit much for the limited slip to send power to both tires.

Go with a lunchbox locker for the front, either the NoSlip, LockRight, or EZLocker.

I just called Tratech about the EZ Locker. He said they're not warranted for tires above 32". Anyone have problems running them with 33s? I don't think it's a big deal, most 33s really only measure 32 and change anyway, right??

Does an EZ Locker up front change the way it would drive significantly on the pavement? I mean, they're supposed to rachet when you're not on the power, right?

Sorry for the barrage, just want to do the right thing.

Thanks,
Steve

I talked to Aussie Locker about the D30 locker yesterday and they were getting a shipment in next week, though only 5 were not allocated to someone else already. They are running around $230 right now.

Back