attn: Robrt-Stephens

88Wrangles said:
By the way, everyone keeps saying how it's wrong to put down others and all that sort of thing (which is why I like this site so much)...but look what everyone seems to be doing here now :roll: .

I guess I'm the only person that is seeing this :roll: . I sure think it's pretty dam pathetic and sure makes everyone here look like a bunch of little babies that go crying to whoever will accept them whenever any little thing goes wrong :?

"Guards, SEIZE HIM!!!!!!"

"Prepare him for punishment. Please turn on the fuel pump trailer and nozzle. We will begin with ARCO unleaded......"

I am love.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

:D

mud4feet said:
Man, the things you miss when you leave for a weekend.....a 4 page thread!!!!! :shock: I've visited pirate a couple times and didn't think much of it - I know I'm a dumb-a$$, I don't need people reminding me of that. I, personally, love Jeepz and all the folks here. I don't see a real problem with the tech......sure lots of repeated stuff, but if ya wanta know something else, just ask! Lots of knowledge here - and good folks to boot. Junkpile, you surprised me! I figured you for a "pirate-type" guy (not the flaming - the fab stuff). Good to know you, too, like the "z" and I'm glad you're here. I've visited and been a member of several other sites and nothing compares to Jeepz (IMO).

Don't race my Jeep but don't care if you race yours (right, Junk? :lol: ),
mud

Well, I'm not hard-core enough to give a rat's arse about the tech stuff, really. I mean, I can do a few things, a lot I can't. I will do a few things, a lot I won't. Like I doubt I'll ever swap axles, swap engines, swap trannies, etc. When I have a question, I understand it's most likely been asked a billion times before, but as I said earlier, the search feature here sucks, so I don't use it. Besides, each time I see the same questions asked, there are different variations on the answers, and I seem to learn just a little bit more each time someone asks what size tire will fit, what's the best lift, how much HP will I gain from XYZ exhaust, etc.......

It's the people and the fellowship I'm here for mostly.

How about a FAQ section?

That "How To" section could use some more write-ups. Submit it to a mod. I'm sure Terry could update it rather easily. I'm just starting a to build my 2nd Jeep. Maybe I'll try to document some stuff.

Robrt-Stephens wrote:

"Guards, SEIZE HIM!!!!!!"

"Prepare him for punishment. Please turn on the fuel pump trailer and nozzle. We will begin with ARCO unleaded......"

Wait a minute...Wait a minute...

I thought it was my turn to be King!!!!

Royal Regards,

His High Colonic of Gadgetness, VIII

I agree, some of those other forums are just pi$$ing contests...
...what joy is there with being a jerk, thats easy, the hard part is being kind when youd really like to kick their teeth in to the curb.

I like this site and agree that the tech section needs to be more of a "Tech" section, instead of a psuedo maintenence-tech section. I would like things like installing lifts, SYE, engine swaps, axle upgrades, SOAs, locker installs, etc... not changing your oil.. <- JK ;)

Back to the drawing board

I volunteer to do a write up on installing an aussie locker in my front axle. I will also do one on putting TJ flares on a YJ, as we commonly send people down that road. I can also write up a one inch body lift install on a YJ. Maybe we should do some "mintue mods" like installing steering stablizers and similar tasks which are always asked about. So mods-let us know if you want to go this route or not.

Re: How is that right?

I'll do a write up on installing the Ram Air vent scoop on my YJ......

I have done an engine remove, rebuild, install and have tons of pics...

Id ;like to see a dos and donts of wheelin when to be in 4L, 4H etc....

installing the LED tail light mod,
Im sure this site could be full of common how tos due to the vast amount of info I have got from just searching and reading...

Or product reviews on things we all like and dont like...

CJ Tach Wiring

TwistedCopper said:
this is a forum.

Your point?

If this is just a forum, why is there a tech section? A photo section?

laneiac said:
I volunteer to do a write up on installing an aussie locker in my front axle. I will also do one on putting TJ flares on a YJ, as we commonly send people down that road. I can also write up a one inch body lift install on a YJ. Maybe we should do some "mintue mods" like installing steering stablizers and similar tasks which are always asked about. So mods-let us know if you want to go this route or not.

bigthumbup-4.gif

Good Points Dudes! We are the ultimate offroad site right? I'd love to see some how to articles with pictures myself. I'm always looking for those things when I do my mods and work. That would be awesome!

Lady

RE: Speedometer not speedometering right

Just a passing thought...

Why re-invent the wheel?

Information as regards almost any conceivable mod/tech problem is already avilable for the web searching -- and often available from multiple sources.

Given the unreliability/incompleteness of I-Net information, multiple sourcing is a very good idea.

Regards,

Google-ized Gadget

I don't know where this thread has been and gone anymore, but regarding the idea of more tech writeups, I have to say that I think this is a good idea... I now have 2 jeeps that need my urgent attention regarding front U-joints, but with everyone's posts and help, I still have no idea how to go about doing this, some pictures with little arrows and such would help me immensely... I would be more than willing to write up something here and there, my Jeep has not, as of this time, required any extensive repair, or I would have a write up then... Now that my buddy Ben has a digital camera, as these things come up, I would be more than willing to compile something :)

As of this time, I have a spreadsheet with common bolt sizes on my '00 XJ, so that I am not hunting for the right wrench all the time, that's about it...

RE: CJ Tach Wiring

It started with, "Attn: Robrt Stevens (Robert Stephens)", me, but it has drifted a tiny bit.

Good discussion though. It'd be good to have a how too section, with the connecting cross reference links also for additonal information. Best of both worlds.

Robert

I wouldn't want to change Jeepz from the way it is right now, but rather add to it. We DO need a new section devoted to the custom fabrication questions and postings, and I love the idea of a section where you could post product reviews and installation walkthroughs. A section devoted to swaps.....

maybe even a performance section?

I'd be happy to help any way I could.

dick_wilderness said:
How about a FAQ section?

That "How To" section could use some more write-ups. Submit it to a mod. I'm sure Terry could update it rather easily. I'm just starting a to build my 2nd Jeep. Maybe I'll try to document some stuff.

This is a great idea. An FAQ section and more write-ups. I am all for it! Just start wrenchin' on your jeeps, take lots of pics, and write-up an epic with all kinds of details. Well just talking about it doesnt do much.

GET TO WORK YOU SLACKERS!

:p

How the money works

The FAQ Section could cover the most often requested info, such as; How much lift for tires, gear ratio information, difference between BL's and suspension lifts, ect.

Back