attn: Robrt-Stephens

RE: pictures from tellico this weekend

I was just being a smart arse about the basketball thing. :wink: :lol:

88Wrangles said:
mingez said:
then perhaps anger management is in order.

:roll: Been there done that :roll: .

But seriously, you have to look at it the other way too. People who get flamed should see that it's just words on a website. Things can easily be missunderstood, or....people can just be mean.

Yeah, but would you atleast agree that the act of flaming, (typing a post meant to put someone down) actually takes more time and effort than skipping the post?

mingez said:
Yeah, but would you atleast agree that the act of flaming, (typing a post meant to put someone down) actually takes more time and effort than skipping the post?

Yes, I would certainly say that! Which is why it makes me mad that some people here keep putting down people (and things) that they really don't know that much about :wink:

RE: Re: RE: What is the difference

There's people there that pretty much invented what offroading is today

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

-hang on, I'm catching my breath-

.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There might be people there like that, but I doubt they are the same small minded pricks doing all the flaming.

I manufacture a product myself, and I have to be nice and make efforts to talk and interact with people that I would never waste my time with otherwise.....much like alot of vehicle parts manufacturers do on websites like pirate. The webmasters are always happy to deal with spammers who offer free product for testing, and it's cheap advertising. Any manufacturer that does participate in discussions over there would be stupid to support flaming, as the flamed could be a potential customer.

RE: pictures from tellico this weekend

Junkpile said:

.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There might be people there like that, but I doubt they are the same small minded pricks doing all the flaming.

Okay, read again what I said. Did I say "everyone" or "most of the people" or anything like that? Nope, doesn't look like it to me :roll:

Junkpile said:
Any manufacturer that does participate in discussions over there would be stupid to support flaming, as the flamed could be a potential customer.

Nope :roll: . I don't think I said that either, now did I?

OT-Wasting Time (Games)

By the way, everyone keeps saying how it's wrong to put down others and all that sort of thing (which is why I like this site so much)...but look what everyone seems to be doing here now :roll: .

I guess I'm the only person that is seeing this :roll: . I sure think it's pretty dam pathetic and sure makes everyone here look like a bunch of little babies that go crying to whoever will accept them whenever any little thing goes wrong :?

I'm not crying at all. I could have never been flamed on pirate because I've never posted there. I have lost nothing on pirate, therfore I have no reason to cry. I admit that I also to some degree don't know what I'm talking about since I don't post there, and have only visited a few times. I know the type of fourwheelers we are discussing though.

I don't think it's wrong to put down people. I do it all the time when it's deserved. That can be a little different than attacking a beginner for asking a question that we have all probably asked at one time.

So let me get this right...... You have to go to pirate and lurk in the shadows until you think exactly like those guys, THEN you are allowed to ask questions? Sounds like a great place to learn :roll:

I'm out on this one. It's not worth wasting the space on this board. I might go check out buttpirate4x4.com a little more in depth tonight if I have the time. I might be wrong about it.

RE: Clutch question

so if you don't like it somewhere, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO THERE!!

Is it really all that hard to figure out?? If you really haven't figured that out by now, there's something seriously wrong!

and in that last post of mine before your's, I wasn't neccessarily talking about you...Junkpile. It was more directed towards other people who come here and bring up this same subject in like 5 posts.

Robrt-Stephens said:
I have trouble with our culture now not being able to read, comprehend, formulate a complete sentence and having "selective seeing" of what they read.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Which frame is better to repair?

mingez said:
If having to skip newbie threads irritate you THAT much, then perhaps anger management is in order. I'm just amazed...they are words on a website. The scroll function takes less time than actually posting a flame.

My point exactly.

Junkpile said:

I manufacture a product myself, and I have to be nice and make efforts to talk and interact with people that I would never waste my time with otherwise.....much like alot of vehicle parts manufacturers do on websites like pirate. The webmasters are always happy to deal with spammers who offer free product for testing, and it's cheap advertising. Any manufacturer that does participate in discussions over there would be stupid to support flaming, as the flamed could be a potential customer.

You really really hit it right on. Thank you very much, and for saving me from saying it first.

Well done.

88Wrangles said:
By the way, everyone keeps saying how it's wrong to put down others and all that sort of thing (which is why I like this site so much)...but look what everyone seems to be doing here now :roll: .

I guess I'm the only person that is seeing this :roll: . I sure think it's pretty dam pathetic and sure makes everyone here look like a bunch of little babies that go crying to whoever will accept them whenever any little thing goes wrong :?

Must say that by not only insulting the people on this forum, you did a great job of contradicting yourself. You say that we are putting people down, then you have the audacity to continue on to say that "everyone here looks like a bunch of little babies". Personally, I think no one here is a "little baby"; sure, people get a little out of control, but we dont try to run people off of forums because of their opinions. Just like you calling us all "babies", you wont be run off of the forum, because this forum allows people to have an opinion. But come on man, you have no right to call any of us "babies" because we prefer a different kind of forum. :roll:

RE: Coil questions: What ignition coil works best?

laneiac said:
88Wrangles said:

Must say that by not only insulting the people on this forum, you did a great job of contradicting yourself. You say that we are putting people down, then you have the audacity to continue on to say that "everyone here looks like a bunch of little babies". Personally, I think no one here is a "little baby"; sure, people get a little out of control, but we dont try to run people off of forums because of their opinions. Just like you calling us all "babies", you wont be run off of the forum, because this forum allows people to have an opinion. But come on man, you have no right to call any of us "babies" because we prefer a different kind of forum. :roll:

You said it so much better than I would have......which is why I didn't say it, I've been searching for a way to say it without resorting to obscenities and flames.

RE: 2.5 swap to 4.2 what is involed?

laneiac said:
88Wrangles said:

There's certain people that was aimed at. I know I should have said that a little better. Sorry, I did not mean everyone on this site :wink:

RE: 2.5 swap to 4.2 what is involed?

laneiac said:
This is the only board for me as well. I would like to see some more tech articles put on the site, maybe we should all do our own write ups and submit them. I think what draws alot of people to a site is the available tech articles accompanied with lots and lots of pictures. I know that we have some very knowledgable people here who could turn in some good write ups.

Yea thats kind of the reason I stopped coming here. Same stuff over and over. I haven't posted here in months. I got bored and looked elsewhere. But I still check back every now and then. It still funny to see those same questions peope are asking when I first came to this board. Ie: How much lift do I need for 33" tires? or How can I make my jeep better on road? You can only read/respond to those questions so many times. A better tech section would be more attractive to new people. I've listened to the new exhaust wave in the tech section so many times its a little disturbing.
This site is better than the average jeep/offroad site. Just needs some updates on the tech parts. I know the knowledge is here.

By the way I traded that TJ in my signature for a black LJ (unlimited) last week. Let the build begin.

Wrangles, thats what I figured, I just got a little heated when I read it.

I must say that I participate on this forum because of the people, not the tech.

laneiac said:
Wrangles, thats what I figured, I just got a little heated when I read it.

I must say that I participate on this forum because of the people, not the tech.

Ya, I got a little heated too and didn't realize I put it like that :oops: .

I agree we could use an area strictly for tech/build-up/write-ups/etc.

All I could post right now is Chevy build-up stuff, but that wouldn't really fit in here :shock:

But the people are definatly the best part of this site...

Man, the things you miss when you leave for a weekend.....a 4 page thread!!!!! :shock: I've visited pirate a couple times and didn't think much of it - I know I'm a dumb-a$$, I don't need people reminding me of that. I, personally, love Jeepz and all the folks here. I don't see a real problem with the tech......sure lots of repeated stuff, but if ya wanta know something else, just ask! Lots of knowledge here - and good folks to boot. Junkpile, you surprised me! I figured you for a "pirate-type" guy (not the flaming - the fab stuff). Good to know you, too, like the "z" and I'm glad you're here. I've visited and been a member of several other sites and nothing compares to Jeepz (IMO).

Don't race my Jeep but don't care if you race yours (right, Junk? :lol: ),
mud

Back