attn: Robrt-Stephens

jeep90

Re: RE: black Bikini Top for YJ

are you the guy that got ran off of pirate? nice people over there :roll:

Robrt-Stephens said:
jeep90 said:
are you the guy that got ran off of pirate? nice people over there :roll:

Yes, I am. I wanted to stay, but they banned me. Eric Linder is bery bery mean!!!!!

:cry:
Ok, you got me curious now. What happened? I've never been there so I don't know what it's like.

Robrt-Stephens said:
Eric Linder is bery bery mean!!!!!

To say something like that, I'm sure you've at least met him before right?

I've been wheeling with him a couple times, and he's actually a really cool guy :wink: :wink:

RE: Coil questions: What ignition coil works best?

Sparky-Watts said:
Never been there, but they tell me it sucks.
laneiac said:
I do not like the Pirate forum. Lots of jerks over there. This is a much more civil place.
its not friendly to newbie questions. but a ton of help if you want to do something serious. kinda like mallcrawlin.com. they prefer that you actually use your own time and use the search function before flooding the boards with the same question that was asked 2 weeks ago, god forbid.

bchcky said:
Sparky-Watts said:
laneiac said:
I do not like the Pirate forum. Lots of jerks over there. This is a much more civil place.
its not friendly to newbie questions. but a ton of help if you want to do something serious. kinda like mallcrawlin.com. they prefer that you actually use your own time and use the search function before flooding the boards with the same question that was asked 2 weeks ago, god forbid.

That's the way it is over at the geocaching forums. Ask a simple question as a noob, and everyone crawls up your arse about not using the search function. Most of the noobs don't even know there is a search function, they just want their question answered.

bchcky said:
Sparky-Watts said:
laneiac said:

MichiganJeepers is sort of a mix of that... There are some that will rip you a new one, or put up pictures illustrating where the search button is, and how to use it, but at the same time, there are those that will denounce those that did that, and help you out, unless it's something really really really covered, and in the recent topic list...

But that's all in good fun, and everyone is cool there... I think that the way you keep people on the board, rather then just popping on to see how to do something, is to make a friendly atmosphere... Just my thoughts, anyway... Only two boards for me right now, and they're both good ones.

RE: Coil questions: What ignition coil works best?

Yeah, Robert left jeepforum.com too after some jackasses started flaming him for liking the revolver shackles. Of course, Robert has tons of pictures to back up every claim he made, but there were a couple of idiots over there who just keep giving the "I heard they were bad so you're wrong" and started getting personal. Robert left (I don't blame you one bit) and has now found greener pastures where one can tell of their experiences and state their opinions and will only get flamed by Minquez (JK minquez, just got through arguing with someone on gun control and I though about how civil you were when we had a disagreement).
As far as the revolver shackles go, I haven't seen anyone have a problem with them, and Robert seems to have definately put his through about every imaginable task. A friend of mine bought a jeep with revolvers and had reservations about them, but so far they have performed great. I'm sure there are some people out there who have had problems with them, but there isn't a single product made that somebody somewhere hasn't have a bad experience with. Robert, glad to see you found another board, and the people here are about the nicest you'll find on a jeep board. I was sorry to see you no longer posting on jeepforum but totally understand. Oh, and your VEX is one sweet rig. You can look at my sigline and tell where the initial appreciation comes from, but I'm afraid you've outdone me on the mods a little bit. Ah well, with two kids what do you do? I'm doing well just to hold on to both jeeps right now.

wm69 said:
Yeah, Robert left jeepforum.com too after some jackasses started flaming him for liking the revolver shackles. Of course, Robert has tons of pictures to back up every claim he made, but there were a couple of idiots over there who just keep giving the "I heard they were bad so you're wrong" and started getting personal. Robert left (I don't blame you one bit) and has now found greener pastures where one can tell of their experiences and state their opinions and will only get flamed by Minquez (JK minquez, just got through arguing with someone on gun control and I though about how civil you were when we had a disagreement).
As far as the revolver shackles go, I haven't seen anyone have a problem with them, and Robert seems to have definately put his through about every imaginable task. A friend of mine bought a jeep with revolvers and had reservations about them, but so far they have performed great. I'm sure there are some people out there who have had problems with them, but there isn't a single product made that somebody somewhere hasn't have a bad experience with. Robert, glad to see you found another board, and the people here are about the nicest you'll find on a jeep board. I was sorry to see you no longer posting on jeepforum but totally understand. Oh, and your VEX is one sweet rig. You can look at my sigline and tell where the initial appreciation comes from, but I'm afraid you've outdone me on the mods a little bit. Ah well, with two kids what do you do? I'm doing well just to hold on to both jeeps right now.

I'll be damned. The most eloquent post I've seen on any of the BBSs yet, and the ones (6) I post on are just great!!!!

Well, you are posting around this BBS with a signature that contains TWO TAN-CREAM COLORED CJ JEEPS!!!!!!!!! My Lord, a fellow crazy bar none. I love ya already!

Thank you for the warm welcome and your own take on things which is exactly as if I was writing myself. Thank you, what a relief to read those words. It is good and fair to see that others see exactly what transpired and put themselves in that situation.

REVOLVER SHACKLES

So, far, this is my 8th week with them and so far I am pleasd with them but am still testing them and trying to get them to fail on me as the dissenters against them have claimed. If they do, they go bye-bye, of course, like so many other things I've tested for myslef over the years.

Tomorrow 6 of us are going back to the Pilot Knob area about 4 miles from the house--high steep inclies, rocks, snow and ice, and mud on the first part. We'll see again if these are going to screw the pooch by unloading and casuing trouble.

If you ever have trouble with keeping both Jeeps, for real, and since I have no one on Earth now, until I marry one of my Asian girlfriends, sell me one of your Jeeps and I'll give it right back to you. Should help you iff needed. A man should never lose his jeep(s) for being good and doing the right thing.

Thank you, whomever you are!!!!!!!

Robert

I wouldn't survive on Pirate either. I've gone to a couple of the links posted by some of the pirate fans. There is good info there, but it's ruined by the idea that their info is the ONLY way to do something.

The word "hardcore" gets thrown around alot, even here. I have different views on what hardcore means, than what most pirate members seem to. To me, just owning a 5 ton rig wearing a Jeep body decked out in all the latest trail bling doesn't automatically make you hardcore. To each his own.

This is the only Jeep forum that I visit. I'd like to see some changes that expanded the tech side of our board some, but I like it just fine the way it is too.

CJ 7 Track Bar Problem Help !

This is the only board for me as well. I would like to see some more tech articles put on the site, maybe we should all do our own write ups and submit them. I think what draws alot of people to a site is the available tech articles accompanied with lots and lots of pictures. I know that we have some very knowledgable people here who could turn in some good write ups.

RE: Re: RE: Check out this Wrangler on Ebay

Sparky-Watts said:
That's the way it is over at the geocaching forums. Ask a simple question as a noob, and everyone crawls up your arse about not using the search function. Most of the noobs don't even know there is a search function, they just want their question answered.
i cant say i blame them. it floods the boards and gets repetetive. and being a noob is no excuse for not knowing there is a search function. being a noob means you're expected to ask some really easy/stupid questions, but other members are still allowed to hope you've got enough common sense to find the search button.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Check out this Wrangler on Ebay

Of course, there are people that have JUST bought a computer, and have never logged onto a BB before. I think repetition is a minor inconvenience at most.

And for the record, most PostNuke search engines suck.

I think to alleviate such "Annoyances" from newbies is to simply have a folder made specifically for newbie questions. Then, only those who aren't so impatient will go in to help out a fellow jeeper, and that in it's own right should reduce the flaming.

RE: Sparky...

its true. but i'm just saying for the most part its commonly known that places like pirate and mallcrawlin are not newb friendly. they are on the other hand, extremely helpful for serious questions. i'm not defending the way the sites are, i'm just tellin it like it is.

what else can I say...

Robrt-Stephens said:
If you ever have trouble with keeping both Jeeps, for real, and since I have no one on Earth now, until I marry one of my Asian girlfriends, sell me one of your Jeeps and I'll give it right back to you. Should help you iff needed. A man should never lose his jeep(s) for being good and doing the right thing.

Thank you, whomever you are!!!!!!!

Robert

Robert, you are too kind. Right now things are going ok. Luckily we had money in savings and it will be enough to cover all the expenses from the delivery with some to spare for the next emergency. Right now I get to keep both jeeps by giving the "IF we ever get into a financial bind, I can always sell a jeep. If we sell the jeep now we both know we will spend the money on something inconsequential (I want a big TV and to pay some down on her car note, she wants new bedroom furniture and new carpet) that we don't really have to have, so right now I refer to the 2nd jeep as the "emergency fund". I bought the first one when I was 17 and on a recent trip home my grandmother (as she and my wife were watching me tinker on tan jeep) says "you know that jeep will always be his first love". :lol: The 2nd jeep was purchased as a reward to myself for finally finishing school after being in and out for 7 years (I had a lot of fun though). I planned to fix it up and resell it, but of course I like it too much to part with it now. Both are paid for, and other than the house, the student loans, and my wife's car we are finally debt free (ran up some nice credit card debt while in school) so hopefully the 2nd jeep will one day be passed down to one of my daughters. That will happen when I inherit my dad's scrambler, which he bought new in 1984. It currently has a little over 3500 (that is hundred) miles on the odo and is driven about once every 6 weeks to the farm and back for "exercise". Dad supposedly bought it to hunt in, and soon thereafter decided he didn't dislike the ducks enough to get up at 5am to chase them, so one of these days I will inherit a practically brand new 85 scrambler. Once again, Robert, keep us updated on your projects, and if anyone hasn't checked out his site thus far it is a must for the jeep enthusiest.
Will
wm69
Fayetteville AR

Back