ATTN: Automotive Murphy's Laws

jps4jeep

Super Moderator

This is a list of automotive Murphy's laws that I got from another magazine.

1. The greater the distance to the part store, the greater the chance you have the wrong part.

2. If there are two or more versions of the part, you got the wrong one.

3. Any part you need today will be in next tuesday.

4. Any used wheels you buy for your rig will have 1 inch less backspacing than you need.

5. Any repair job will take three times as long and cost twice as much as planned

6. The sharp crack you heard tighningdown the carb was not your knuckle.

7. The flaring jub you did on that brake line would have been perfect if you'd remembered to put the flare nut on the line first.

8. No matter what you paid, some guy could have gotten it for you cheaper.

9. Any time you guess about the length of a hose, double it, and you will still be too short.

10. The older you get, the faster your jeep was

I though this was hilarious and truthful, hope yall enjoy it

Johnny[addsig]

LOL Thats great. I like that one about if there are two or more parts you got the wrong one. Thats great.

TARSI[addsig]

1. The greater the distance to the part store, the greater the chance you have the wrong part.

2. If there are two or more versions of the part, you got the wrong one.

I don't know how many times this has happened to me! Very true... and funny in retrospect![addsig]

I´d like to add a couple: Automotive Murphy´s laws.

Don´t even waste your time trying to argue with the guy behind the parts counter. Take it outside, rub some dirt on it, bring it back in and exchange it for the right part. It´s really faster and less stressful that way.

Rule of thumb, especially for Dingus. There is a fine line between real tight and real loose.[addsig]

if you haven't run into these problems... you've never tried to fix somthing[addsig]

the other day I ordered a new antenna for my jeep, The parts guy asks me for my engine size, What does that have to do with the antenna? :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

Back