Assistance for a new Jeeper

CandiRose

I am a first time Jeep owner, a 2007 Wrangler X bought new and basic so I can add to her, and I was wondering what advice anyone could give me about a lift and bigger tires. I live in Japan so I can't go too big, I was looking at 30" tires but not too sure which ones would be the best for everyday and for fun. I can't drive a whole lot here, in almost 4 years she has only 15,000 miles. I have a new rear bumper and front bumper with wench in route here. I need something that will be good in the snowy mountains also so I can still take her snowboarding with me.

Any advice would be great!

Welcome to Jeepz.
I don't know much about the terrain there in Japan however, for a mild and ocassional offroad but still good for the snow, a 2.5 to 3 inch lift would be sufficient with some semi- agressive tires. All terrain tires would be the comfortable choice but in every demand, theres a compromise. In snow, you would want the thread semi agressive like a mud tire. The large gaps between the lugs would prevent the snow from getting packed. The width of the tires is also a variable in performance. The wider the tire, the less chances of sinking in deeper in the snow.

hey welcome. if your just looking for extra clearance, definitely look into a budget boost/spacers. i dont recommend a body lift (to me they dont look as good). as for the tires, if your looking for an all terrain design, check out the Bridgestone AT REVO (or REVO II) and the Firestone Destination MT. obviously the MT is a much more agressive design. I love the REVO's, but they dont make them in anything bigger than a 31" tire.

The stock tire is 29.5 inches and would be considered a 30inch tire by tire manufacturers. There was an optional 31 in tire as well. So, if you want to go bigger a 31 or 32 inch tire would be bigger.
I like the BFG AT's for on and mild off raod. If I was to buy mud and crawling tires I'd use Geolander MT or BFG KM2 tires.

as for the tires, if your looking for an all terrain design, check out the Bridgestone AT REVO (or REVO II)
I'll second the REVO's. I had them on my old Sport Trac and they were great in snow.

a kuhmo roadventure at works pretty good in the snow as well and the last set i had was on my full size broco got a little over 45,000 miles out of them

I'm hoping to take 'Betty' out in the Oregon snow next weekend to see how these new KM2's do, if I can get away, I'll report later

ive been out playing in the snow with the ground hawgs super swampers on this comeing weekend and see how they do in the snow

Again, it comes down to how you plan on using the Jeep. If you plan on doing any major off-roading or driving through deeper unplowed snow a mud tire would probably work better. However if you're driving on packed snow/ice, an A/T will be worlds better than a mud tire. JK's don't need much lift to fit big tires under them. Unless the Japanese version is different than the U.S. version (and I have no idea if it is) you can fit 35" tires by just trimming the fender flares. If you don't want to trim your fenders you can get the same clearance from a small budget lift (spring spacers).

Back