Any Hockey Fans out there?!!

Best picture program???

Craig said:
Who knows with Bertuzzi. I have a feeling he could come back and not be the player he used to be. I think he might be scared to fight or throw his weight around in fear of hurting somebody...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That, would be hard to imagine. That guy is a bastard, and that's why I like him. I like his game. Don't get me wrong, what he did was offsides, but he is a natural bad ass. :twisted:

A friend of mine works the front door at one of our local night clubs where the Canucks go after the games...it's made national news before with some celebrities getting into trouble there...called the Roxy. (Van Dam actually got beat up there...I was told he refused to fight because he didn't want to get sued so I wouldn't really consider that getting beaten up). My friend's met Bertuzzi quite a few times and says he's a totally different person off the ice, actually a nice guy.

Bring on the flames!!!!!!!! We'll get those darn canadiens out of hockey yet! :lol:

It is weird to think that a sport is in jeopardy of closing, for lack of a better term. Sad that a real sport is hurting, yet the WNBA is still going. And worse yet, that ESPN covered the WNBA draft! I mean come on, if EA sports doesn't make a video game about you then you're not a sport. LOL!

bigTlilODD said:
Bring on the flames!!!!!!!! We'll get those darn canadiens out of hockey yet!
Remember, even if all the Canadian teams are knocked out, something like 75% (don't quote me on this number, could be a little higher or lower now) of the players in the NHL are Canadian anyway. I live right next to the border and get into this with my friends in the U.S. every year....still can't believe Vancouver got knocked out by Calgary!

True, but that number is dropping with the insurgance of Euro's.

But US is still an awesome hockey country. Canada is king there though.

Craig said:
Remember, even if all the Canadian teams are knocked out, something like 75% (don't quote me on this number, could be a little higher or lower now) of the players in the NHL are Canadian anyway. I live right next to the border and get into this with my friends in the U.S. every year....still can't believe Vancouver got knocked out by Calgary!

Actually, it's a lot less. I was surprised by this, only 53% in 2001. Now it's less I'm sure. WOW. :shock:

click here for article: http://www.s-t.com/daily/10-01/10-11-01/b01sp100.htm

Either way, Canadian's, American's, European's I don't care how many countries get in on it, just brings more talent. Hockey's the best sport to watch (some may disagree in favor of football) because of it's fast pace...it's not stop and go, stop and go as much as other sports.

I love both Hockey and football. Great sports. I agree, doesn't matter where they come from... I was just surprised by the number. Canada still has the greatest Hockey players as far as I'm concerned.

Well, tonight my Sharks face the hated Av's. The darkforce in hockey. Evil incarnate. They are the enemy, and must be vanquished at all cost. GO SHARKS!!!!!!!

Sharks up 2-0... Go SHARKS. Gonna be tough in Denver though. BTW- Forsberg is dirty.

i'm a lifelong habs fan, but i enjoy watching the aves play. its cause i followed patrick roy when he defected. they are down 3-0 now though, no chance for them. as long as a team not named the detroit redwings wins the cup, i'll be satisfied. i hate them with a passion.

Back