Any Hockey Fans out there?!!

Dude he put out 3 hall of fame bound players. He's a bad ass. That Francis hit was UGLY. And Francis is no slouch either. But after that hit, it looked particularly bad because he (Francis) kept trying to get up, and kept falling down. He looked like a drunk guy who got mugged. It was embarrassing to say the least.

I got to meet McSorley!!!! He is sooo cool! I also met Rob "the butt" Blake. When I met Rob, I wanted to hit him in the ass to see if it was some sort of metal hip replacement. Man, that guy has the best hip check ever!!!! I also play defense, but can score too. I guess I'm kinda like McCarty. But I'm not a forward. I hit hard and score.

bigTlilODD said:
I got to meet McSorley!!!! He is sooo cool! I also met Rob "the butt" Blake. When I met Rob, I wanted to hit him in the ass to see if it was some sort of metal hip replacement. Man, that guy has the best hip check ever!!!! I also play defense, but can score too. I guess I'm kinda like McCarty. But I'm not a forward. I hit hard and score.

FYI everyone, Blake's HIP check is legendary (giving a hit with your hip). That's the reason for his comment. I thought I'd get a preemptive disclaimer int there, before people took the "hit him in the ass" comment and ran with it! LOL! :lol:

I play Center and Defense. I can score as well. My last team had some forwards that could back check very well so I often left position to score. I am offensive at heart, but i knock em off the block too.

I was also in CO for the Av's Edmonton game for Bourque's farewell ceremony. He was like 10 feet away from me!!! That dude is awesome.

Unfortunately the Thrashers aren't in. Like Cinderella, at the twelth strike of the clock on midnight, Dec 31st 2003, their carriage turned back into a pumpkin...and their hockey skates turned into glass slippers.

They seemed sure to be in the playoffs until the New Year melt down. ;(
They've still got to work on consistency. One period, they'd look like a 1st class super-performing hockey club...then another period, they'd look like a bunch of amateurs playing hockey on a pond. I was hoping to at least have a playoff show for Dan Snyder...if not the Cup. And the Cup actually looked promising...that is, until the clock struck twelve. Oh well, there's always next season...provided there is a next season.

Hey Y'all

i play defense myself. i guess i'm a scott stevens type player, though i'm not as bad ass. i'm a stay at home kind of guy, but i can creep in and i've got a pretty good shot, i can pick my corners. i'm not the fastest, or the best stickhandler, so i like to sit back and i can see the ice really well. hmm....i think i just described al macinnis.

SHARKS in 5... St. Louis is gone. Wheewww Whoooo!

image-missing.png

dick_wilderness said:
Frankiefire, I think the Flyers found their Playoff Goalie. Just one Question, what happened to the Devils'?

No Scott Stevens happened to the Devils.

i agree. the devils are a great defensive team, even if watching them is like watching paint dry. and martin brodeur is currently the best playoff goalie in the nhl. but even with all that, scott stevens makes them an entirely different team when he's in the lineup. i hope he plays another year before hanging them up.

on another note....my habs are still alive and well!

Vancouver isn't doing too hot...looks like it's do or die tomorrow night. I can't believe we lost to Calgary again! We need Bertuzzi back...I hope there's no riots this year if we loose.

bertuzzi would certainly help vancouver. but i dont think he deserves to be back yet. i agree with the punishment the nhl handed to him. i think he's a great player, an all star forward, i have the utmost respect for his game, but what he did to steve moore was gutless, spineless and completely unecessary. he is a beast of a man, a nice scott stevens like check would have done just fine. i hope he's back next season, and i hope he's welcomed back by the rest of the nhl, but i agree with the nhl that he should not be playing this season anymore.

and the habs, just keep on fighting. down 3-1 in the series, now forcing a game 7 with the b's!! go habs!

ps-to the habs, stop flopping around on the ice, play the game. they've been playing better than the bruins in the series, no need for that acting crap in this great game.

Bertuzzi, I hope they waive him and the Sharks pick him up. We'll take him!! His style of play is perfect for SJ. (obviously I know this can't happen, but it's nice to dream)

heh... i'm sure most teams would like bertuzzi to play for them. that is...if there is even an nhl next year. i'm pessemistic about it, i fear we might not have an nhl season at all next year.

bchcky said:
heh... i'm sure most teams would like bertuzzi to play for them. that is...if there is even an nhl next year. i'm pessemistic about it, i fear we might not have an nhl season at all next year.

Yeah, and that would suck since my boys are finally gaining some momentum.

Who knows with Bertuzzi. I have a feeling he could come back and not be the player he used to be. I think he might be scared to fight or throw his weight around in fear of hurting somebody...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Back