ac/heat blower problem

riverratba

my buddys 05 tj will only blow air out the defroster. no matter where you set the selector switch it still blows out the defroster. what do i need to check first.

Somebody much smarter than me will chime in here with the right fix but esentially the HVAC systems is vacuum controled and if there's a problem, vent mode is the default position the mix door will divert to. At least that's my understanding. Now we wait for someone with brains to tell us how to fix this.

that seems to be a common problem with jeeps.
Theres a vacuum line coming out of the fire wall on the passenger side, goes to the drivers side, about 1/2 way up the motor ( toward the front of the jeep on the drivers side) the vacuum line fits on a nipple coming out of the engine. The boot on my vacuum line was really soft and would for sure fall off again so I put the sucker back on with a hose clamp.

Another place to check for the vacuum leak is under the battery tray. The vacuum line that goes through the firewall is on a tee connector. The vac. line that goes towards the battery , routes down to a vacuum reservoir, it usually breaks there too.

even 95 wrangler and cj7 does it to in the mtns here we like it also have ac for summer to had to vac lines at ac and replace cracked one ans seem to stop problem

even 95 wrangler and cj7 does it to in the mtns here we like it also have ac for summer to had to vac lines at ac and replace cracked one ans seem to stop problem

Huh? I'm not trying to be a smart-azz and am glad you are joining in. However, while most of us are not English scholars here, capitalization, punctuation, spell check and a quick proof read will make your posts a little more intelligible.

Put some shoes on Phil!! No seroiusly, all I gathered was that he was from a mountain or something. Apparently it is hot there and he needs A/C. I bet he's a bare-footer too!:rofl:

Put some shoes on Phil!! No seroiusly, all I gathered was that he was from a mountain or something. Apparently it is hot there and he needs A/C. I bet he's a bare-footer too!:rofl:

Ya think?
jedclampetttbva-1.jpg

Good one!! I know he means well, so I'll lay off. I couldn't help joining in though.

Like I said, I'm not trying to diss afgd2, just offering unsolicited advice. It is a lot easier to get a point across if it can be easily read and understood. Typing in all lower case with no punctuation is just a bad habit to get into...IMHO.

Back