35's and 4.11's

Natty

The most recent episode of the pissing contest between one of my friends and I revealed his latest investment in his Jeep...the addition of 35's. Of course...now I want to add a set of 35's to my ride in the near future. He claims to have 4.11's in the diff. and it seemed to have plenty of power, although we didn't go offroad nor on the interstate. Just wondering if anyone is running that combo (35's and 4.11's) and how it works or doesn't work. Seeing how I recently regeared to 4.11's...it's not an appealing thought to relive that memory any time soon. Thanks.[addsig]

Depends on what engine and transmission you have now. Most likely a 4.0L, since you regeared to 4.11 and most 2.5L jeeps come with 4.11 gears.

The 4.0L will pull 35" tires okay with 4.11 gears, a little better with the auto since it multiplies torque. A friend of mine has the 4.2L 5spd and 33" swampers and says it's geared a bit too low for street use.

What engine, transmission, and stock axle gears did your Jeep come with? What brand 35" tires you looking at using?[addsig]

It really does depend on your engine. Also on your axels, I was advised not go any bigger than a 31 inch tire because I am running the 4 cylinder and a Dana 35, However they say that if you have the I6 then you can go up to a 33 with a Dana 35 and be in the clear. Do some research the worst that would happen is that you need to go to a 4:56 and throw some Dana 44's in it. Romp[addsig]

The engine is the 4.0L, just put in a rebuilt AX-15, it had the stock dana 30/35 setup but the axles were upgraded to Moser axles, it's got the SYE and CV shaft, stock t-case except for the upgrade with the SYE. Dueller MT's, Wild Country, and I was thinking about BFG's until I heard a rumor about them being a French based company...and I think we all have the same opinion about that country right now. Too bad...Grey Goose is some fine drinkin' stuff...not anymore. Anyway...to answer some other potential q's...I don't do any hard core rock crawling or anything like that...down here in Florida all we really have is a boatload of sand and mud. Any suggestions on tires is greatly appreciated. [addsig]

Back