2008 Jeep Commander Stereo Wiring Color Coding

morgantician

Hi all. I have a 2008 Jeep Commander with no nav and no Boston Acoustics stereo (totally stock) that I am replacing with a Pioneer AVH270BT aftermarket stereo. The manual for the new stereo spells out the new color coding for it's wiring harness, but I am having trouble figuring out my vehicle wiring to it.

All of the diagrams I'm finding online differ from what I have. I believe I've deduced the speaker wiring colors correctly, and the black is pretty much always ground, but I have RED, WHITE, ORANGE/WHITE, GREEN/BROWN, GREEN/ORANGE and GREEN/WHITE that I am unsure of. The red is about one gauge larger wire than the rest, so I can probably safely assume that is my constant 12v. Does anyone know for sure what is what? I have traced the stock harness backwards and found no other connectors or splices which may have altered the wiring coloring.

For the record, I am an electrician and have thorough experience with wiring. I do not want to spend $100+ on a wiring harness when I know the correct way to splice wires together.

Thank you for any help!

Check crutch field for a direct wiring adapter. It is specific to your new radio to old radio making the install plug and play.

Back