YJ windshield

Burmman

I am new to Jeeps so please don't laugh when I ask this question. I Have a windshield frame I bought from a guy and it looks as if it has just one rubber seal around the windshield. Now from reading I understand that it is for a CJ. Is it possible to use the glass on my YJ? If not I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow afternoon. Please help.

Jess

first off... welcome to jeepz... you'll really find there are no stupid questions here... thats why i stay around... no flaming or bickering... as for your question... i know the cj7 and yj share a lot of components so i think it will work out ok.. but i'm sure there are others here that know more about it than i do... and again... welcome to the board... you'll like it here!

Both are 55" wide, but I am not sure the are interchangeable... Honestly, I dont think so, but I am not sure. I would guess the glass is the same for a '87~95, but not before.

The YJ might have a glue-in windshield like the TJ... Try to pull at the edge of the "gasket" and see if it's not just a piece of rubber trim hiding the glue edge. CJ's I think are all gasketed (which is the "right" way to install a windshield - field serviceable) - John

Yeah the YJ is the 2 rubber seals and glue. The extra frame that I bought is for a CJ so I guess I have it extra for trade later. I bought the YJ windshield the other day so now all I have to do is put it in. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

the frames are somewhat interchangable but the glass is not. You can not put a CJ windshield into a YJ frame, the dimentions are very similar, but different. You can put a cj frame on a Yj but not vice versa because the defrost ducting in the cj is in the windshield frame while in the YJ it is in the dash. rephrase.. you can put a YJ frame on a cj but th edefrost will not work... it will physically bolt up fine.

Back