Wish me luck

When you win Bounty, thank all your sponsers at jeepz.com!

pic posting

100% payout, likely to the top 3 jeeps.

The skirope is simply for the spotter to pull on, so it's rated plenty strong.

I ordered my front cage today, it'll be in tomorrow and get welded in on Friday.

I'm still SUA, and not going to do anything for the ubolts and springplates. The shock mounts are slightly lower, so it's futile unless I address the shock mounts too.

also remember the way it not always directly to the next set of cones. Try to train your brain to think outside the box. Its the little things that save points . If you send your spotter into the course to stack rocks the time also starts. But if you dont move the jeep into the gate they will not award you any stop points . Then when he's / She's all finished stacking you can hammer it .

Keep the pointers coming, great to hear every bit of advice.

No restriction on axles, and yes I'm lincoln locked front and rear.

Rules
Vehicles of O.E.M. style body, frame and suspension.
Flat front fenders, and minor body trimming allowed, body must be factory width.
Frame can be no shorter than leading or trailing edge of tires.
A maximum of a 4 inch suspension lift, stock style springs, no Revolver shackles, no quarter elliptical springs, no buggie springs, no coil over shocks, no long arm bars, no air bags, no spring over axel if not factory style, no coil springs if not factory style springs ,factory suspension mounting points no more than 2” over stock , shackle reversal approved for leaf springs,3” body lift max, hydraulic assisted stock steering approved
Must meet state and local laws for lights and current license plates
Must have front and rear lockers, working winch, roll cage on open top rigs that will protect the driver, seat belts, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, tree saver, leather gloves, winch weight if using steel cable
35” tires, as advertised on the sidewall
Overall wheelbase must remain +/- 2.5” of stock, with a width of no more than 96” outside of tires.

I see it says oem style. Think you can use stock type axles, Not stock wrangler maybe waggy 44s or something as long as it stock and not some Mogs ?
This was a rule last year that was misread. Many people had Stock 30-35 but were allowed anything that came on a jeep. If you have a friend with a killer winch, ask to borrow it. No milemarker will get you out in time. With the lincoln's front and rear. You will push harder then ever before and most likely go through alot of parts....

Bounty,

I have to jump on here and wish you well, how exciting! Definately stay safe and get lots of pics! Can't wait to see how you do !

Lady

Lift or lockers...can't decide.

Yea man, and if i could i'd come play photographer for ya. Thats one of my other hobbies. But since i cant, i'll just stick with saying good luck again.

Nathan

White said:
I see it says oem style. Think you can use stock type axles, Not stock wrangler maybe waggy 44s or something as long as it stock and not some Mogs ?
This was a rule last year that was misread. Many people had Stock 30-35 but were allowed anything that came on a jeep. If you have a friend with a killer winch, ask to borrow it. No milemarker will get you out in time. With the lincoln's front and rear. You will push harder then ever before and most likely go through alot of parts....
I don't see anything in the rules that says you can't use any axle you want, so that looks unlimited.

I've got a Warn M8274 already, I think that's one of the reasons the offroad park's owner was twisting my arm to sign up, he saw I met most of the requirements.

I hope I don't have any trouble from the axles, I've pushed this thing hard in the rocks and the trail with no problems from the axles. Only thing I'm worried about is the extra leverage from the tires on the axleshafts going from a 32" to a 34" tire.

You'll be alright, especially after you air down.
Here's a driving technique to remember: it's called the Bama bump. When you get on a slick rock that you can't climb, back up a foot or so and try to roll on through. The key is to time it so that at the same instance your tire hits the rock, your foot is all the way to the floor.
I'm sure as a seasoned veteran you have used this technique before. You may be surprised how many people can't quite get it right, though.

i guess i'm a little behind on here.... bounty... i wish i could be there to watch... it would be nice if we had parks like that around here... go make us proud...

It's getting close to go time. Just finished welding up the front roll cage and adding a spreader in the back. Gotta pull it back out and clean it up for paint. Built an oilpan skid so that's an extra piece of mind. Picked up the 34x9.5 LTB's that I'm going to run. Gotta go pick up the trailer tonight.

I'm sure somebody in my group will take pics, so I'll get them posted up for everybody to see. As it stands now there are 9 entries in my class, so I think I've got a fair shot. Hoping to make it through stage 1 without winching, dunno about the next two stages.

The time is near. Are you ready?
The forecast for Gray Rock is sunny and high near 80 for the weekend. Dry rocks will mean many good runs this weekend. Last time it was so dry, they took a fire hose to the trail after every competitor made a run. It got ugly. I guess we will see if the hose comes out this weekend.

My jeep got raked over the coals, really tough course for a stock class, and plenty of rain to boot. I'll get pictures up soon.

Tough break getting bad weather on your first competition. Like most "firsts" I'm sure it was a learning experience. You didn't get any serious damage did ya?

Back