wireing diagram

slo-wrench44

i have an 88 yj and i have gutted the wireing to start new. only problem is i need a wireing diagram to hook up the distrbuter and get it sparking. when i say gutted i mean nothing is left. no fuze box no dash wireing heck i'm gonna put a diamond plate flat dash in it and relocate all my gauges. i just need to know what i need hooked up to get the distribter sparking. any help would be great i am takeing pics and will try posting it. gotta get rid of the rust and all that might get the floor herc;ed befor the end of the month too.

The best thing would be to get a Haynes or Chilton manual. The wiring diagrams are in the back.
Are you wiring it all yourself from scratch or using a Painless kit? The Painless kit has wired labels.

i have the haynes and i would use it for toilet paper but the pages are greasy from looking for stuff in it and not finding. i was hopeing some one would have a factory wireing diagram . i am wireing it from scratch just because it will be simple and basic. no emissions puter and all the other crud they put on it from the factory.
i guess my problem is the distributer. will it work without the ignition modual? will it work without the ecm? if not will the dura spark work with a msd 6al. ??? i can get one for $75.00 not a bad price.

well i got rid of the ecm but kept the ignition modual. runs on 8 wires. now i have a problem with wireing in the brake lights to the 4 ways and turn signals. any ideas ? i have the turn signals wired in but how do you get the t/s to flash with the brake lights lit up? hmmmm.

Back