Winch Question

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
I have been looking for a winch for the longest time. I can not justify spending near $1000 for a new unit when I don't plan on using the winch a whole lot (or at least I hope) . So I have been looking for a used one. I have a chance to get a Warn M8000 that was mounted but never used due to vehicle getting totalled (rear/pass side collision). I have read everything about the winch but does anyone have any experience with it. I would like to hear some personal feedback!

Oh ya the price is $400, considering the person bought off ebay for $500 back in december. Should I just wait a little longer, and get the X9000i or m-8274 I was originally looking for!

i can't see getting something that you don't really want. if you have been looking for 8274 or x9000, wait you'll find one, unless this is a deal you can't pass up and you need the winch now. to me, if you don't get what you want when you looking, and you settle for something lees you'll be disappointed. for example lift kit 2" want BIGGER, do it right the first time around, it'll cost less money in the long run

If you decide you don't want it
let me know, I am interested. I've
been wanting a Warn 8000 one for
my 88 YJ. And I've got friends and
family in Mass.

Thanks.
wilson4a@hotmail.com

Look into the new Mile Marker electric winch. They go for about $450 and look really sleek. Don't quote me on this but I think it comes with a roller fairlead too.

I just ordered a m8000. hey at 40 fpm (no load) thats fast enough.
Should be here this week along with a 200amp alternator. I can tell you how much i like it over the ramsey Pro Plus 6000.
4 wheel parts had a sale for 449.00 .. FYI the milemarkers are REAL slow.
And a exact copy of the milemarker 8000 is avaiable from harbor freight for 299.00.. unless you want a ramsey 6000 for 250.00 only a year old.....

I have had bad experiences with milemarker, not the winches but the manual locking hubs, so if the winch quality is similar to the hubs, no thanks!

My other brand of choice would be a ramsey patriot 9000. a little more money.

White, tell me what you think when you get it!

If you have been looking for an 8274 then hold out for one. I got mine used for $500.00. I'll keep my eyes open around here for you too, I'm sure one will turn up for you. 8)

Thanks firemanharry, They are getting ever so hard to find!

Back